i30 Owners Club

Sensor identification on i30 gearbox

Offline hyundai2023

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom

I'm new to the forum and would like to ask for help to identify few sensors located on the front (sensor labeled in red as 1) and top part (sesor labeled in red as 2) of the gearbox for Hyundai i30. Please see example photograph with gearbox with both sensors installed.

I have same model car HYUNDAI i30 II Hatchback (GD) 1.6 CRDi Diesel (110 hp / 81 kW D4FB, year 2012).
In the last couple of weeks I noticed there is an oil leak from the sensor (labeled in picture as 1) so I need to replace it but I have no clue what is the name /purpose of the sensor 1 so I can order a new one.
I also would like to know what is the purpose of sensor 2 for information/education only.

My first thought was that sensor 1 is a reverse sensor, so I have disconnected connector with two wires from sensor 1 and engaged gear box in to reverse gear but as reverse bulbs still switched on as it should and rear parking sensors still working I understood that sensor 1 is not a reverse sensor but something else. So looking for an advice please.

• Hyundai i30 2012 (GD) 1.6 CRDI

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Maybe if you enter your car VIN number on https://partsouq.com you can find out by looking at the pictures of gearbox and parts listing that appear.
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline hyundai2023

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi.
I will try.
Thank you.
  • Hyundai i30 2012 (GD) 1.6 CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal