i30 Owners Club

Rear door won't unlock

Offline buddyforu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, Australia
Hi guys, has been a while since I posted! have bought a new property so I've been busy, busy busy!!

My i30 goes in for her 1 year service on Monday, and lo and behold, it's first major problem pops up a few days before hand. Something has gone wrong with the lock in the passenger's side rear door, where it won't unlock using the remote, and is VERY hard to unlock even when manually flicking the lock switch on the door. Hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow...

We've had a lot of rain up here since January 1 (around 600mm) so I'm thinking some moisture has gotton in somewhere??

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Buddy.. Nice to hear from you..

My rear passenger side door is stiff to open (must get it looked at as well)

Although I haven't tried lubricating the lock with WD40 or similar yet...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
hmmm...same here..my passesnger door
9its been more than a month now)  won't unlock either...haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer yet. Planning to take it this wed or thurs include the 15k service as well.

could you tell us what u'r dealer tells you..
cheers
:)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Have you checked the child lock thingy to make sure it's not part on/off?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline buddyforu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, Australia
Have you checked the child lock thingy to make sure it's not part on/off?

Yeah was the very first thing I checked. It does unlock intermittently. Seems to me that something may be a little 'gunked up' inside the door.

Offline buddyforu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, Australia
Well, she just came back from her one year service ($218). They looked into the door propblem and wrote on the report:

"Passenger rear door won't unlock when using the remote or internal lock. This is due to an open circuit on the door actuator. It is required to replace the latch and actuator assembly."

I was told it would take 5 days for the parts to be delivered and can be installed as soon as they arrive.

Funnily enough however, the lock has started to work more often than not after the service lol!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

"Passenger rear door won't unlock when using the remote or internal lock. This is due to an open circuit on the door actuator. It is required to replace the latch and actuator assembly."

Funnily enough however, the lock has started to work more often than not after the service lol!

These service departments don't fill me with confidence (If it's what they said you wouldn't think it would be intermittent...)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline buddyforu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, Australia
I tend to agree. Will see how she goes for the next week and if the problem disappears I probably won't take it back in. I don't like the idea of my door trim needlessly being pulled apart...

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Buddy - just do it. An intermittent fault will come back to haunt you, I gaurantee it
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
I got my door fixed finally. It was the same problem buddy had. They replaced everything and its good as new.
Cheers :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal