i30 Owners Club

P0238 Boost Pressure Sensor A High

Big Al · 6 · 4407

Offline Big Al

• 2nd Gear

• wales Wales
      Wales
Good Morning Folks,

Well my saga continues. The good news is after my P1690 Imobiliser problem (see my previous posts) the car is now running albitit not exceeding 3000rpm.

I went to a garage this morning to have the brake light fault sorted and he put his computer on the car and found the above P0238 error code. He was of the opinion that this could be causing the car to be restricted to 3000 rpm, and that I should get a replacement sensor fitted. However before I run off and buy replacement parts I thought I would simply ask if anyone knows anything about this error code and if this is the likely problem restricting the revs.

Thanks
  • 130 1.6 crdi

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
just curious,is the car older than a 2008,if not why are you buying parts,this is a warrantable problem,I had this,it was partly a blown intercooler hose but more so a throttle body sensor(I think or an air sensor of some description),but I was never informed at what code had come up,I've had a few electrical gremlins in Cyril,but even if your car is secondhand,but less than 5 years old,you still should have the balance of new car warranty.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey Rick... his i30 is/was an insurance write-off with no warranty :(

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=UFL
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Big Al

• 2nd Gear

• wales Wales
      Wales
Shambles, you have a good memory........ Taking one step at a time getting things sorted. At least today I could get the car back on the road by getting an auto electrician to make a plan with the brake lights.

Rick, I will check out what you say and just hope I eventually get to the bottom of my woes.

Cheers
  • 130 1.6 crdi

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
my memory is not that good I only had tea a while ago and I can't remember what I had,yes mine was a cracked sensor,but like I said I can not remember the code or the actual sensor,but I do remember once the mech(Hyundai Technictian) put the computer on Cyril,the code related directly to the faulty sensor,once changed problem solved.

Hope you find the issue,without to much more cost,because IMO they're such a great little car,even if you do get a few niggles  with them.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
It could be the sensor, but it can also be the case that the sensor actually have detected too high pressure and thus the engine will go to some kind of emergency mode, to prevent the high turbo pressure to destroy the engine completely.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal