i30 Owners Club

i30 Silver SLX, now with tint ! and a BRA!

EpOcH · 20 · 5991

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

just ignore the little smudge mark where i blank out the neighbours number plate :D

I'll find a more scenic area to do some one day :D

CarBra and external mirror covers have been made, should hopefully be sent today/this afternoon should have them in a couple of days.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the photos (nice and clean) .. It's no secret on here I like silver ( I make all the decisions in our house then we do whatever the wife says... :'()
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline MyChemR

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
How much % is it "darker" now?  :)

Its Tint-a-Car's 35% VLT (Visible light transmitted) all around, what they call "Midnight Express" (http://www.tint-a-car.com.au) However, I should have 70% on the front side windows to be fully legal :(

Has a couple of bubbles in it that should come out as it dries properly over the coming weeks and one of the little rear side windows the tint doesnt quite cover it properly so i'll take it back for that and see if they cant work the bubbles out and through or tell me how to do it :) (probably just a bit of water)

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
CarBra and external mirror covers arrived today.
In the first picture you can see that there are covers on the mirror but you can also see there are 2 hooks dangling.
I have to poke some small holes into the plastic guard to attach these(on both sides).

Here you can see the covers over the mirror (and sort of on the above picture) and also the 2 hooks i have to find/make a home for, for the bra.

It looks significantly a different colour with the bra in full light while the rest of the car is mostly shaded.
Not that it matters to much to me , so long as it stops those stone chips ! :)

I'll take a couple of close up shots showing the mesh that covers the airflow area's and the soft padded material on the back of the bra (and mirror covers) to not scratch the paint, there is a clear plastic covering the headlights, number plate and fog light area's, there is no plastic covering the side mirror glass.

The mirror covers have a velcro strip along the bottom so you can get them off and on easilly.

Since i was the first to order for an i30, if any of you need it now you wont have to wait 2 weeks while they make the patterns up :D

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
The mesh.

The felt like material is thicker around the outer edges and on the 2 main clips to the wheel arches. This picture doesnt really do it justice.

And the mirror cover.

Offline 130MAN

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
The bra was $550 and the mirror covers were $110(pair), delivered via overnight airbag.

Theyre based in Melbourne, you could pick them up if you were close.

Offline 130MAN

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Thanks.

First I need to buy is Headlight Protectors, Bonnet Protector, Style Visors and Side Protectors and it's booked in for a darkest tint 

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well, good luck with the dressing up. I wouldn't be seen dead driving a car with those things attached :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Well, good luck with the dressing up. I wouldn't be seen dead driving a car with those things attached :P

Why do you think the windows are tinted !  :mrgreen:

Its only for long/country trips, our roads are not the best when you start travelling some of the roads and stones getting flung up from trucks is a real issue and i'll be doing 4000+km's in those conditions in the matter of a week :D

Besides its better to clean bugs off of it than remove them from embedding themselves into radiator grill and scrubbing at the paintwork, and possibly stop scuff marks from UFO's  :wink:

Offline MyChemR

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

OMG.. wtf :D I wouldn't be driving this even if I had bentley :) (no offence)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the picture EpOcH.. I'm not as adverse to it as some others...

Although I don't like the raised deflector thing... Guess it is to protect the windscreen but think it spoils the line of the car and would be distracting for the driver..

Other wise looks well made and should definitely help in your situation.. Do they make one for protection against Kangaroos... :question: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Its definitly not a thing to do for style an looks, however there is no other way to protect the front of the car on long journeys on our country roads apart from it being on the back of a car carrier  :D

While i dont think it looks terrible, i dont think it looks crash hot either so im not fussed that people dont think it looks great with it on, its not something im going to be driving around with it on all the time , its purely for long distance/country drives where there is a real chance it will end up with a stone chip or two(you really have to understand country australia roads for this), and i think it will be better to scrub clean at the end of the trip versus having to scrub at the cars paintwork, or worse make an insurance claim for the chips.

Ive had other cars that have suffered quite badly on holiday car trips and would rather not see that happen so early in this cars life as the other ones really annoy me for it.

I'll take a picture of the suicided bugs(im sure they dont care what it looks like when they hit it :mrgreen:) when i go up to brisbane and post it to show how much it may save clening in this area also :) think of arriving at the destination, take bra and mirror covers off , put asside for holiday around town and not have to go wash the bugs immediately off the car before they become baked on and hard to remove.

Offline MyChemR

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

(Warning: Sorry for the annoying post, i always do comment weird stuff on cars.)

I really never seen something like this :D no offence, I think it looks terrible.. just can't imagine where do you drive to have it :D

If I had my car for 20 years and lived in quarry I wouldn't have that.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
If I had my car for 20 years and lived in quarry I wouldn't have that.

Echo that :lol: I hate the look of it too
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Be kind fellas! Each to their own, eh?

Looks a bit like the car equivalent of a condom...  :lol: :lol:

Having had my fun now, it is one of the better looking car bras I've seen. Bit of  a bra expert myself, you see... :lol: :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal