i30 Owners Club

Oil leak

beerman · 19 · 8083

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Just noticed a few spots of oil on the driveway.....I am at 119,500 and about to get a service so I will get the mechanic to have a look then.....God forbid battle Hyundai to get it fixed..... I can hear them now..."it has done 120,000k you know etc etc.....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline StarSeeker

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands UK

• 1.4 Comfort in Midlands UK
It could be challenging claiming for an oil leak under UK warranty.  Below is one of the General Exceptions:

Slight oozing of oils or fluids from seals or gaskets, which cause no appreciable decrease in the level of these fluids.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
If its leaking enough to drip  and your within warranty time and km's there should be no question.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If its leaking enough to drip  and your within warranty time and km's there should be no question.

Thanks for that, Booked it for the 1/12 I'll get them to look at the glove box rattle too, is the fix likely to drain the oil?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
is the fix likely to drain the oil?
That would depend on where the leak is coming from but I'd think they would fix the leak before installing the new oil.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
If they were going to need to change the oil, I have Mobil 1 to go in....I guess I will take some down just in case, it would be silly to drop the oil and not replace the filter, then have to do the 120k service later in the week.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Any oil dropped should be reclaimed and reused if not a service interval but it wouldn't hurt to take some new stuff just in case.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Any oil dropped should be reclaimed and reused if not a service interval but it wouldn't hurt to take some new stuff just in case.

Ahh never thought of that...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Once oil is out of the motor, it doesn't go back in, IMO.  :disapp:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
We don't reuse any oils. Even on Warranty jobs.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I learn something new every day :goodjob:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

I learn something new every day :goodjob:

Hyundai pays for any oil required. We do only drop oil if absolutely necessary.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
All fixed. Auto Transmission gasket replaced, 2l of transmission fluid and she is all better.

They even washed it  :happydance: one less job for me to do tomorrow. I really can't speak highly enough of the service at Robina Hyundai. It is much easier to get an appointment there than Southport, and they really seem to go the extra mile.

Got to drive a petrol IX35. I was surprised by the economy of the petrol engine.

I cast an eye over a Genesis very nice car, bit expensive for me though....

Oh and in some bad news, there is about a 4 month back log for I30 tourers, it appears that business has a taste for them.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Excellent result.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Glad to hear no troubles

Offline StarSeeker

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands UK

• 1.4 Comfort in Midlands UK
Great result and having a decent local dealership is a bonus as well :goodjob2:

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
All fixed. Auto Transmission gasket replaced, 2l of transmission fluid and she is all better.

They even washed it  :happydance: one less job for me to do tomorrow. I really can't speak highly enough of the service at Robina Hyundai. It is much easier to get an appointment there than Southport, and they really seem to go the extra mile.

Got to drive a petrol IX35. I was surprised by the economy of the petrol engine.

Oh and in some bad news, there is about a 4 month back log for I30 tourers, it appears that business has a taste for them.

My dealer reckons Hyundai Australia wont be getting any more tourers in.

There are so many FD tourers around in the city that you'd have thought they'd get heaps of the GDs in... maybe the fact they're from czec rep has something to do with supply. I'd say the vast majority of GD tourers I've seen are liveried up commercial runabouts. And those that are plain clothes are probably commercially used cars too. (I know mine is)
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

My dealer reckons Hyundai Australia wont be getting any more tourers in.

There are so many FD tourers around in the city that you'd have thought they'd get heaps of the GDs in... maybe the fact they're from czec rep has something to do with supply. I'd say the vast majority of GD tourers I've seen are liveried up commercial runabouts. And those that are plain clothes are probably commercially used cars too. (I know mine is)

The fall in the AUD and the free trade agreement with Korea will make the hatches cheaper still, the wagon is pushing towards small SUV territory, when combined with the better resale of the SUV makes the SUV a better option for families.

But the Wagon has a bigger cargo space, and better economy making it the better choice for business (who generally buy in bulk, can wait a couple of months for a shipment, and get a better price).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If they stop bringing the tourer in due to the exchange rate, not sure if that will be good or bad for us... not a lot of them in Tassie, but we are generally well pleased with it (particularly the styling and the finish)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal