Brake Upgrade

Timlin · 4 · 2329

Offline Timlin

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi all

Has anyone used these: http://www.kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=191&ai_id=2981

I'm pretty keen to upgrade my front discs and calipers to larger versions and these ones seem to tick all the boxes... but, I remain a little nervous. I'd really love to hear from someone who has done a larger disc/caliper upgrade and get their thoughts on the process.

The link indicated seems to be reasonably good value for what they offer, plus the aesthetics of drilled discs is also appealing too.  :goodjob2:

Thoughts?

Rgd's

Andrew

• 2011 5 door i30 SR

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
They might be better to look at but not really needed for everyday driving.
In the 136,000 + kms I did in my last i30, the brakes weren't touched at all.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline snakoil

• 2nd Gear
I'm not sure what type of driving you are doing but with the power of the i30 I don't understand why you would want to add that much stoping power
there galipers and bigger rotors will be quite heavier than the stockers and will all be unsprung weight.  even worst the rotors will be one of the main rolling parts.
If you are doing a lot of autocross I suggest upgrading your pads to something more grippy.
A well known upgrade around here is to go with very bitty pads like Hawk HPS and cheap chinese disks.
The disks wrapped sometimes after only a week-end or two of autocross but you had amazing stopping power for a cost of only 40$

Offline Michael T

• 2nd Gear
  • Save The Manuals

• us United States
      SouthEast

• Fixing Jets...
Honestly, I would start with this. Upgrade your brake lines to Stainless steel. Go with an upgraded/performance oriented brake pads and keep you plain rotors. Fancy slotted or drilled rotors are not necessary for road cars. Also, make sure to keep your brake fluid clean and bled.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal