Pioneer Car Entertainment System

SRT Metro · 27 · 15666

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Has someone installed either one of these two Car Entertainment System in his car?
If so, what did you think about it and is it worth the money they cost?

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT - Multi-sensor GPS, Entertainment & Communication System (DVD, CD, SD Card, USB & iPod playback).

Pioneer AVIC-F310BT - Navigation CD Audio System with Detachable Screen.

Cheers!
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
hey srt, I was looking at installing the F900BT previously but then reconsidered after realising the security on the i30 is really sh!t at this time...and won't consider a headunit upgrade until i upgrade the security system..

but I had done some research on the F900BT before and can help you a bit with that choice?

Supposedly the unit has a really bad shuffle sequence for randomizing songs (unless you are using an ipod and shuffle on that), takes anywhere from 1min -> 3min for start up when not using just audio from usb/SD, the GPS tends to recalculate, drop out and take long round-about routes ALOT of the time, bluetooth is hit and miss, unit freezes at times, voice recognition is fail, and alot of glare off the screen in day time driving and the text isn't that dark so using the unit in the sun is very difficult. Also, the touch screen responsiveness is 2-3sec.

after this I had considered the kenwood options..but they seem to have problems themselves..some people prefer the kenwood units and say they are better overall, but they are priced alot more heavily..

in the end, if you weigh up the sound quality and the cost, overall the unit is a pretty good unit if you don't get frustrated at the faults

also, I rather not using the unit that require the navigation discs and prefer using onboard/sd card for navigation thus, i would choose the F900BT over the F310BT (and the 900BT has a bigger screen and the layout looks better)

that was my 2cents and seems like I left you back where you started XD

but try give avic411.com a read and that covers alot of the faults and probs with the units

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

Hi link_1111!

Thank's for your comments and the research that you have done on the F900BT....
I also thanks for the link. Seems to have a great forum with lot of tips and ideas....

Cheers!
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
sounds like you dont get much for a lot of $$$$$. :rolleyes: BUT THEY LOOK GOOD.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

sounds like you dont get much for a lot of $$$$$. :rolleyes: BUT THEY LOOK GOOD.

Yes, they look really good!
But unfortunately, it seems to be much problem with them.
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline stkman

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland, NZ

• 2008 1.6 cRDi manual Elite in Stone Black
Hi SRT,

I'm wondering if the front cover and mounting brackets can be bought seperately? That would allow any standard 2 din stereo/DVD/navigation unit to be fitted.

Andrew
  • 2008 1.6 manual diesel Elite

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

Hi SRT,
I'm wondering if the front cover and mounting brackets can be bought seperately? That would allow any standard 2 din stereo/DVD/navigation unit to be fitted.
Andrew

Hi Andrew!
I've been thinking about this too...
Yes, it can be bought seperately.... Pioneer part number: 12.301142-08, 2 DIN fascia plate, Grey.

Sven-Erik
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline stkman

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland, NZ

That's excellent Sven-Erik! I looked up that part number and found a pdf with part numbers thatPioneer do for lots of vehicles. Pioneer in NZ didn't know what I was talking about but their parts guy way away. Will phone next week. Some of the Alpine double din units are quite nice ... they use Parrot bluetooth technology and display all GPS data nicely. Also have interfaces to connect to most steering wheel controls and well sorted out iPod control. And cheaper than Hyundai stereos (the i30 stereo is $5500 in NZ!).

Andrew

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

That's excellent Sven-Erik! I looked up that part number and found a pdf with part numbers thatPioneer do for lots of vehicles. Pioneer in NZ didn't know what I was talking about but their parts guy way away. Will phone next week. Some of the Alpine double din units are quite nice ... they use Parrot bluetooth technology and display all GPS data nicely. Also have interfaces to connect to most steering wheel controls and well sorted out iPod control. And cheaper than Hyundai stereos (the i30 stereo is $5500 in NZ!).
Andrew

Hi Andrew!
Alpine is really nice.....
Have also found this Kenwood DNX5220BT which seems to be fine...

• I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline stkman

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland, NZ

Hi Sven-Erik,

Looks great! A local car stereo place told me "Alpine have always had the best amplifiers but now Panasonic is as good." Don't know how true this is (have always had Alpine and always been impressed) but I do like the Panasonic CQ-VW220W ... and it is so well priced! Large screen and very capable - iPOD, rear camera. GPS, bluetooth.

Is good to have options  :D

Andrew

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

after a bit of looking, the Eclipse AVN726EA seems to be a really good contender! http://www.eclipse-web.com.au/Site/Product/Product.aspx?ProductID=f7525562-7e92-102c-afa9-8fd06794b0b4&CategoryID=04031090-406c-102b-b5be-3e5906103f0c

Nav, BT, ipod compatibility, usb, options for rear view camera, 7" screen and suposedly has about 3-4sec boot up time and really easy to navigate! sweet! now i just need to look for a good alarm system! possibly a viper remote start/security maybe..

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

Offline bobbyd

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Anyone know if there is a pioneer or other brand fascia to suit the SX dash ?

FixedR6
So has anyone actually installed a new media player?

I'm interested in getting something to replace the stock unit, largely due to comments on MP3 playback and iPod connectivity.

Will they work with a factory Bluetooth unit, outside temperature display, and steering wheel controls?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Will they work with a factory Bluetooth unit, outside temperature display, and steering wheel controls?

I think that would be unlikely particularly the outside temp display and the steering wheel controls...

Most of us find the MP3 playback and the ipod connectivity works well on the standard unit.....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Hey guys, loving the thread, i'm getting a new JVC headunit tomorrow, and hopefully installing it within the next week, hopefuly get pictures of it, involved cutting the existing dash, if i miess up about £110 to replace :O ..
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
So has anyone actually installed a new media player?

I'm interested in getting something to replace the stock unit, largely due to comments on MP3 playback and iPod connectivity.

fixed r6 there is a guy in noble park that fits this sort of stuff,he did my sunroof and mentioned he also does alarms,satnavs,stereos,cruze control and more.he fits for dealers but also does personal owned cars. he is called the sunroof center,opposite McDonald's on the princess highway in noble park. I've got his phone number if you need it.  :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

FixedR6
fixed r6 there is a guy in noble park that fits this sort of stuff,he did my sunroof and mentioned he also does alarms,satnavs,stereos,cruze control and more.he fits for dealers but also does personal owned cars. he is called the sunroof center,opposite McDonald's on the princess highway in noble park. I've got his phone number if you need it.  :razz:
Googling now!  :mrgreen:

Offline bfc_xxx

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
I want to buy a new stereo with bluetooth and gps. Can I buy also a a new mask to fit the new stereo or do I have to cut the old one?

Offline mantaray

• 3rd Gear
Just in case anyone is interested JB have a deal on the Pioneer AVIC310BT here is alink:
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/car-sound/car-cd-tuner/pioneer-avicf310bt-navigation-entertainment-system/451011
Not a bad price $488.
Also some fitting guides are available here:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/18216/391143-30-BA/index.html
and here:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/18211/CA-R-PI.083/index.html
Download the Install Manual on both products. have good dash disassembly pictures

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Man taray... looks like a very good price for something like that... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline reecho

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Hmm wonder if Pioneer do a fascia for manual AC controls...

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

I'd love to get one of those units, and have had decent experience with an aftermarket unit like this before (installed one in my sister's yaris). The main problem with these is that the audio quality is compromised compared to the stock headunit or other aftermarket branded headunits. Love to see how someone else finds this unit if they do buy one!

Offline reecho

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth WA
The good thing about the chinese units is that you can use the GPS software of your choice.....not limited to one type.

Offline jay

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Any one  upgraded theirs? I would consider a cheap one if I still had the steering controls and gps was ok.

Offline DJHARRY73

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Margate

• My blue i30cw sport ;)
Take a look at my pics I have the Pioneer AVH 4200 , It all depends on what u want out of it , I care much for Ipod Video display since I have 2500 video clips , but if you just care to hear music then its fine, the AVH 4200 its upgradable for bluethooth , navigation, rear view cam, satellite radio and wheel controls as well :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal