i30 Owners Club

07 Mitsubisi CZC small troublemaker.

basho · 8 · 2638

Offline basho

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Hervey Bay. Queensland .4655
After a prompt -- :whistler: ah hem -here's a few picks and a bit of info on the car I'm currently driving--there's not to many around probably due to the looks not being every-ones idea of grace and delight , the size and the fact that bitsamissin wanted $39500.00 for them wouldn't have helped either , they were produced between 06 and 09 , even the dopey Europeans couldn't be coerced in buying them , eventually the price was dropped to $29990.00 but they just couldn't find a market so out they went , however they have a 2 door hard top coupe running mate the CZT which proved popular in the UK and went somewhat well throughout Europe ---we didn't get it in Aus.  :faint:

They're reasonably well made by the Dutch from an Italian design by Pina Farina  and present nicely if you take into account the fatish ass that accommodates the top with room for 'some' shopping when it's down , but remains fat when the roof is up, those familiar with the FTO will know 'the look' to others the song 'Fat bottom Girls' may come to mind.

So much for looks.

The surprising bit about this car is under the bonnet , it's a Mitsubishi Ralliart 4G15 turbocharged 1500cc motor coupled to a German Getrag F5MGB gearbox and whilst the gearbox can have it's moments (as they all do if you persistently kick the crap out of them) the motor is a star , running 110kw stock and as things engine go dishes it out.

I think 0--100k's is on the 8 and a bit second mark , not sure, it's nearly frightening if you boot it when the tops down.

4 wheel discs, very direct steering and all the usual boring ABS, stability control and stuff is standard , fuel consumption is in the 6.5 to 7.5 ltr to the100 klms driving more or less sensibly.

I would be keeping it if I could afford to run (and garage) 3 cars but sadly I need a bit larger car , hence the i30, so, the ginger nut has to go.

Here's a few pics--

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:54:04 by basho »
  • 07 Colt CZC Turbo / 08 i30 diesel ?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that basho  :goodjob:

I quite like it (looks in good nick!)

I reckon some of our dopey European members will find your post interesting!  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Great pigs pics, but this European dope wouldn't buy one  :disapp:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline basho

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Hervey Bay. Queensland .4655
Thanks for that basho  :goodjob:

I quite like it (looks in good nick!)

I reckon some of our dopey European members will find your post interesting!  :whistler:

Ahh the dopey Euros-- ,  left the UK 40 years ago come September to get away from them , seems to be lots here now , might be time to move on --I'm from Moss Side in Manchester incidentally ,  :rofl:

--- The car has 68000k's on it ..
  • 07 Colt CZC Turbo / 08 i30 diesel ?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Moss Side :scared:  :Jaw:

You made the right move away  :Prayer:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I like the strut between the 2 front suspension housings and I wouldn't mind one on my CRDi.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Dopey Europeans my ar$e....  :mad:
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
Here we have so many colt+, but no two-door coupe, that's cute. :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal