We try Hyundai's £50k hydrogen fuel cell SUV to see if it really is the future

eye30 · 7 · 1988

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
    Zero tailpipe emissions and a range of 369 miles, according to official figures

Top speed of 100mph and a 12-second sprint to 62mph isn't shabby for an SUV

Dated interior, poor handling and lack of fueling stations are the big pitfalls

:link: We try Hyundai's £50k hydrogen fuel cell SUV to see if it really is the future | Daily Mail Online
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Guy sounds like a bit of a toss.

Why spend money on an interior facelift when there is fuel cell development to be made and a brand new Tucson rolling out. And my personal opinion is that the "Hey look at me" styling is not pretty.

Poor handling? Compared to what? The BMW he mentioned at the price. Its not a race car.

How can you seriously put the vehicle down because of the lack of hydrogen refueling stations.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
How can you seriously put the vehicle down because of the lack of hydrogen refueling stations.

In terms of owner practicality, this may be valid. But so were LPG fueled vehicles when the technology was new. Economically, once price is determined, the public will buy and outlets will become readily available.

It's still a winner long term IMO.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

In terms of owner practicality, this may be valid. But so were LPG fueled vehicles when the technology was new. Economically, once price is determined, the public will buy and outlets will become readily available.

It's still a winner long term IMO.

True but its so blatantly obvious that its not intended to be selling 100000 units a year. They dont really even sell them. The ones released in California are leased, as a trial. A very smart way to do real world testing on the product if you ask me. I would have jumped at the oportunity.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I think it's only a matter of time. Meanwhile, let's iron out the bugs and we'll at last have a far less polluting vehicle for future generations.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I've said it before, i think its the best path to follow of the paths we currently have available.

Although not for me, im sticking to the internal combustion path. It gives me too much pleasure.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I agree with Tim!
Also i can remember back before LPG, the AGL company gave people the opp to have natural Gas tank & there car set up to run on petrol & Natural gas free the were going to build a lot of refuelling outlets but at the start there was only a small amount of refuelling places and they did not sell petrol. but the Big oil co's got in quick to stamp this out, they started selling LPG so they still had control. so same will just happen to this for time being. but could be wrong. i drove one of these natural gas cars, was an EH Holden was in 60's if i remember.
we have different thinking now & gas prices way up & Australia a dry country. but good on Hyundai!!! 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal