i30 Owners Club

2014 GD2.0 Auto Hesitates to accelerate sometimes

Offline khadanja

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
Partner got the car recently, has done 92000 kms, drives fine otherwise but sometimes it hesitates to accelerate, worse when climbing, almost like nothing happening when pressing the pedal. Noticed it yesterday with AC on when going from 40-50. Starts fine, no engine  light. Engine Air Filter looks ok.  Fuel consumption seems ok 10-11L./100 city driving, around 9L/100 highways. Hyundai here want to charge $200 just to diagnose & there is no guarantee that they will find an issue. Local mechanics want to start by replacing plugs, then coils etc. Thinking of replacing  plugs myself but not very confident with the tightening part. Have done coils etc. before. Can someone post a link from Amazon of the minimum tools required for the plugs replacement. Uses this plug.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 04:35:43 by khadanja »
  • i30 2014 GD 2.0 Petrol

Offline CraigDB

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
We have a 2012 i30 GD with same problem.  Did have engine light on though.  Got Hyundai to diagnose it (cost $175.00).  Did not give a clear root cause but said should replace spark plugs and coils and a sensor which linked to the error code.  They quoted $1000.00 to change the plugs and coils.  Got onto you tube and it looks to be an easy job.  Just invested in $180 for spark plugs (Denso) and coils, including new socket and torque wrench.  Far cheaper than $1000.  Looks to be a 30 min job all going well.  Its worth checking the you tube video.  Got parts on ebay- quicker delivery than Amazon as it looks like parts come from the US..
  • 2012 i30 GD HATCH

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal