i30 Owners Club

i30 First Service UK-cost and interval.

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Dear All: I don't know if this has been posted before but my car is coming up to 10,000 miles and is 10 months old, and my local dealership has told me the car is due for its first service. Upon checking my service book, it said a service is require only at 12500 miles/12mths. So who is correct? I also called a few dealers and they told me the same thing. The cost varies from £160 to £138. These are North London and Hertfordshire dealers. Are these reasonable prices? Many thanks!-

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
My service book agrees with yours. Query the dealer as to why they disagree with the book. They should back down.Id they don't it would be worth a quick email to Hyundai CS. Could be a bit of a rip-off. It would tend to make me think I'd use a different dealer for service.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Both the dealerships I have used for servicing have Fergie down as having 10k interval services. My book also states 12.5k intervals.

See this post for a look at my receipt for a 20k service (should have said 25k). Once the latest dealership agreed that the book interval was correct, my record was updated to reflect that.

See this post for the receipt for my 37.5k service (correctly shown as 37.5k).

My first service was £136.95 in Oct 2008. I can scan & post pics if required.

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

moxey
Cheers for the info i had better stop the bairns pocket money now and start saving
 :twisted:

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Thanks for info. I called Hyundai UK CS. told me that 1st service is at 10,000 miles then 12500! Bit confusing or what! Anyway, booked it in for Wed. Got 10% discount so now around £145 as opposed to 161. Dealer will collect and deliver. Called other dealers and they too claim is 10000. Its amazing that Hyundai don't give out service interval info on website. Most car maker does.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The manufacturer who built your car is the same manufacturer that had your service schedule printed, and if that says 12.5k then it's 12.5k, despite what your dealer says.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The first is 10k then every 12.5k.

Not sure why but this is the service interval for UK

This was in a bulletin and when I find it I'll post the link.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The first is 10k then every 12.5k.

Not sure why but this is the service interval for UK

My first and subsequent ones were/are at 12.5K. Says so in my book and the dealerships agreed :rolleyes:

Offline L30N

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Wallsend, North Tyneside, UK

• Wallsend, UK
Is yours a petrol? Sounds OK for London area, make sure that's all in with no hidden extras. Mine was also called in for a 10k/1 year service although I had actually done 11k, cost about £120 at Evans Halshaw - one or two of our members have managed under £100.
My service book schedule is as follows, as eye30 said:
12 months or 10,000 miles
24 months or 22,500 miles
36 months or 35,000 miles
48 months or 47,500 miles etc
Petrol and diesels have different service books, even though the UK Petrol booklet has a picture of a CRDi engine on the front  :wink:

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Many thanks for that. Yes, its a petrol 1.6 auto Premium. Anyway, the service is booked now. The price you got for the service is really good and some members got it down to £100. I think if i brought my own oil and asked to dispose the old oil myself, plus filling up the windscreen washer, I will be able to get it down to that price. Around NW London and Herts, they range from £161-138. So I got my local dealer to go half way to which they agreed. Expensive when all we need is to have a stamp on our service book! Ha Ha!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
.. Expensive when all we need is to have a stamp on our service book! Ha Ha!

Worth its weight in gold though

Offline PaulS

• 1st Gear
2008 CRDi - my 20k ish (miles) service has just cost me £330 - have I been ripped off - and it didn't include an Air Con Service - that would have been another £50. Overall the quality of the service was not great - I asked to adjust one of the washer nozzles, to stop glove box rattle, to check climate control sensor, and check difficulty in changing town to 2nd or 1st gear when the engine is cold. They did none of these !

Yes a Hyundai Main Dealer !

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

I don't think its possible to adjust the washer nozzles. I have stared at them for ages and can't see that they can move at all.

Offline Nick Riffed

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Watford

• Oooh Errrr!!!
I don't think its possible to adjust the washer nozzles. I have stared at them for ages and can't see that they can move at all.

Just a thought, but do you seem to get through a lot of water for your washers? They have a bloomin' great container but do seem to get through the stuff fairly rapidly!!

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Just a thought, but do you seem to get through a lot of water for your washers? They have a bloomin' great container but do seem to get through the stuff fairly rapidly!!

Don't put too much heat on the windscreen from the heater, then the salt doesn't dry so much and that saves having to use the washers so often  :wink:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
2008 CRDi - my 20k ish (miles) service has just cost me £330 - have I been ripped off - and it didn't include an Air Con Service - that would have been another £50. Overall the quality of the service was not great - I asked to adjust one of the washer nozzles, to stop glove box rattle, to check climate control sensor, and check difficulty in changing town to 2nd or 1st gear when the engine is cold. They did none of these !

Yes a Hyundai Main Dealer !

Did you get an itemised account? If so feel free to scan it and post on here.. I'm sure some of our excellent UK members will give you honest feedback.. Does sound dear to me..

I would also consider going to see the Dealer Principal with a list of your warranty issues and any feedback from here about your invoice (what have you got to loose?)

Cheers,

Dazz

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline PaulS

• 1st Gear
It got worse today!. I noticed that the dealer had fitted new registration plates - obviously the same reg number but with dealer's name on front and back rather than 'generic' Hyundai plates.  Really irritating that they had time to make up and fit new plates yet couldn't address the things I had asked. Needless to say I had words with the dealer today and have insisted that the old plates are put back on - in 2 weeks time and fix the outstanding issues.

I haven't scanned in the invoice, but essentially made up of £151 for labour (inc a service top up kit, i.e a litre of oil), and the usual parts (oil and air filter (2)) and a few minor things like engine flush and waste disposal, totalling £125, plus £10 for insurance waiver on loan car plus VAT (17.5%) on the total - coming in at £335.

Interestingly they used Castrol magnatec 5W40 oil totalling £70.09 (Plus VAT). The invoice indicates 13 units and I'm guessing that a unit is half a litre - is this correct. (Although Halfords sells it at about £6.75 per litre) suggesting the dealer is either putting a 100% markup on the oil or the engine holds 13 litre which thinking back to the days when I used to service my own cars, seems a lot. 

(Sorry, its cold and raining here at the moment and can't be bothered to go outside and check the oil capacity in the owners manual !)

Paul

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Sorry to hear the problems you have encountered. I been through it myself in the past and this is what I have done. First, no engine flush. Second, buy the same grade and make of oil, eg., Castrol or Mobil from Halfords when they are on special offers and give them an empty can and dispose used oil my self as my local authority collects them. Third, top up my windscreen washer fluids. Finally, fix any minor problems before hand, eg., change wipers, tyres, and light bulbs etc. You will save a bit of money. I know we don't mind paying a bit if they do the work properly but looks like they are not very good. Where is this dealer? I suggest not to go to this dealer any more. Shop around as I found many dealers were willing to offer discount and collection and delivery service so no need to go to the nearest one.

Just to finish off my story on my first service-This was done yesterday. Went in at 930 and got a call to say it was ready by 1100! £141, about 10% discount. Only complaint was lack of parking at this particular dealer. Car was washed etc. Many thanks for every one's help on this topic.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It got worse today!. I noticed that the dealer had fitted new registration plates - obviously the same reg number but with dealer's name on front and back rather than 'generic' Hyundai plates.  Really irritating that they had time to make up and fit new plates yet couldn't address the things I had asked. Needless to say I had words with the dealer today and have insisted that the old plates are put back on - in 2 weeks time and fix the outstanding issues.

I haven't scanned in the invoice, but essentially made up of £151 for labour (inc a service top up kit, i.e a litre of oil), and the usual parts (oil and air filter (2)) and a few minor things like engine flush and waste disposal, totalling £125, plus £10 for insurance waiver on loan car plus VAT (17.5%) on the total - coming in at £335.

Interestingly they used Castrol magnatec 5W40 oil totalling £70.09 (Plus VAT). The invoice indicates 13 units and I'm guessing that a unit is half a litre - is this correct. (Although Halfords sells it at about £6.75 per litre) suggesting the dealer is either putting a 100% markup on the oil or the engine holds 13 litre which thinking back to the days when I used to service my own cars, seems a lot. 

Paul

Hi Paul

Here in OZ some dealers fit a surround with their name on it.. Are you sure they are new plates and just not some sort of sticker you can peel off? Would not be cost effective for them to get new plates produced surely!!

The Aussie i30 Diesel 1.6 uses just over 5 litres of 5W30 fully synthetic oil which i can usually buy for between A$30 and A35 on special (and give the dealer)  Magnetec over here is only semi synthetic I think... :eek: (and is usually only about A$20 to A$25 over here for 5 litres I think...) Boy have they got some explaining to do...

I would get an email address from Shambles of some one high up in Hyundai UK and bring them into the picture ...

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30sean

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Hemel Hempstead UK
I picked up my i30 CRDi last week, you guys got me wondering about service intervals and have just looked in my service book and first service says 12,500mls or 1 year, perhaps they have changed it for 2010 but my booklet says 01/09 on the back it is the one with the CRDi engine on the front :exclaim:

i30Sean

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my dealers service waiting area has a big board with each model Hyundai on it ,showing each service interval cost,auto,manual,petrol and crdi. it goes from 1,000kms to 150,000kms,in 7,500kms intervals.each service is a fixed price and only small things like wiper blades are an add on price to a service.[stated in brackets on the bottom is prices may change without notice] I'm due for my 15,000kms service soon and i will take a pic and post it up. [dandenong hyundai]
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal