i30 Owners Club

Integrated Mobile phone connections?

bdennis · 10 · 7185

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
OK.. Im new to the Hyundai Scene.. Have been a Ford Man for many many years..
My last BA Falcon and my Current Territory both have plugs under the dash to enable / simplify the installation of a mobile phone kit (be it har dwired or Bluetooth) The plugs are for audio in, Power, Acc power, Ground and radio mute out.

Does the i30 have these.. Have not had time to go snooping.. :?:

I have not asked any of the installers as they then to go making stuff up and cutting wires to install this kind of thing..! :o

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
G'Day Bdennis.  The only country that seems to get these plugs is vietnam!?!?  You can get an integrated bluetooth option for the i30 but its very expensive (thousands I think - from memory)  I'm going to get one of those blue ant supertooth things that clip on the sunvisor.  Saves cutting wires etc and can be transferred easily to another car.

http://www.blueant.com.au/s3_handsfree.htm

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Mate,
I have a blueant but am disapointed with it as it will only allow 1 phone at a time to connect. If I connect mine, it will not find the wifes until I force her phone to go find the blueant.. To hard for the missus.. needs to auto connect every time..

When I ahve time will go fishing under the dash.!

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
The Parrot 3200 bluetooth kit connects easily to the i30

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline r5e

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• 2007 Mazda 6 Diesel (his), 2008 i30 CRDi SX (hers)
Yeah, you can't get better integrated than via bluetooth into the existing radio/speakers.

This is a link to where I bought it - here. This was the cheapest deal I could find in Oz at the time. It arrived a couple of days after I installed it, then it took me approximately less than an hour to plug it in.
I decided on the 3100 instead of the 3200 with the funky colour screen as it takes up less room on the dash and I don't really think that the screen is for looking at anyway while driving. The good thing about the Parrot is that you can pair it to 3 (or maybe 5) different phones and it will work with almost all phones out there, it's firmware upgradeable via bluetooth, so you should be able to leave it installed and not worry if you ever upgrade or change phones.

I've attached a few images so that you can see what it looks like and where I chose to place it. I decided on the location I did as it allowed me to feed the wire for the head unit in between 2 of the blank button plates, which meant that I didn't have to drill any holes or mark anything if I ever wanted to remove it. The mic was pretty easy to install too on the plastic moulding on the door pillar, which just clicked off and on again.

If anyone wants me to do a new thread about this in the modifications area, let me know.

(I used this thread here to learn how to remove the radio from the dash to get behind it.)

Offline bdennis

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Mate. Love ya work..
Does the SX have air bags in the a pillar? The SLX does so not too keen on puting wires in the panel.. Or making the air bags go off if I do the install..

A how to would be great...

Offline r5e

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• 2007 Mazda 6 Diesel (his), 2008 i30 CRDi SX (hers)
No, no pillar airbags, but even if it did, I would not be too concerned. Use caution by all means, but I'd doubt you could set them off from inside the car. To be sure, you could always just peel back the rubber door seal, which would give you a perfect space to easily run the mic wire up the door pillar and then you won't have to remove any panels and it will still be well concealed. Getting under the dash is easy if you remove the fusebox cover, you can poke through to under the steering wheel and from there to behind the centre console. All in all, you should be able to do it without getting anywhere near anything dangerous.

I'll try to post up a how-to guide soon, but I've got a few other new forum duties to take care of first.

Offline ras

• 2nd Gear
Just installed a Parrot CK3200 - virtually the same kit as the 3100 just a different screen.

ISO plugs straight into the back of the Stereo unit. Had a bit of trouble getting the cables out of the way to get it back in but all OK.

As mentioned in other posts it is very hard to get the dash to pull off (i noticed afterwards that it appears slightly glued in). the 2 screws referenced in some photos at the top of the radio do not need removing theses only hold the radio in place and not the plastic molding of the dash. If you can pull up and towards from the back of the dash top pocket and one side you can then pop the white clips with a finger to help release it.

The end result looks pretty good, i stuck the parrot screen near the hazard lights button which is just visable past the steering wheel. the mic i fed up along side the drives side pilar and up under the roof to the rear vision mirror.

It goes in for the 1000KM check tomorow so i will ask them if the cable run up the pillar will interfere with the air bag...

No rattles can be heard from the parrot unit so it must be sitting failry snug behind the radio (not much in there though).

Th posts where a real help to give me a bit of a rev up to do it my self.

thanks.

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal