i30 Owners Club

Replaced My Low Beam Globes Today...

Guest · 7 · 2617

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
As some may have read in a previous post, one of my low beam headlight globes blew recently.
I had Osram Night breaker Plus globes fitted at the time so until I bought some replacements I just refitted the original globes, a job that took around 20 minutes due to me doing the job at night and having to juggle a torch.

Well, what a difference a bit of daylight makes.....  :D

I ordered some replacement globes last week (Philips X-Treme Vision H7's), these turned up today.
Decided to fit them while it was still light. It took 10 minutes to pull the headlights out, swap the globes over and refit the headlights...So much for it being a bugger of a job... :whistler:

Not sure whether they are any better than the Osram Nightbreakers but the difference is certainly very noticeable compared to the standard globes...

For those that may be interested, I purchased the globes from:

:link:

Very happy with the speed at which they arrived, I only ordered them on the 30th May and they arrived on the 5th June....Not bad seeing as they had to come from the UK. :goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Maybe I should do something similar.
The standard ones aren't that flash.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Maybe I should do something similar.
The standard ones aren't that flash.

:ta: Rusty  :whsaid: (My Hybrid low beams aren't as good as the Commodore we hired)

I'll have to check what sort I need  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
These Philip X-Treme Vision globes are quite a bit more expensive than the Osram's so it will be interesting to see if they last any longer.
They also supposedly produce a slightly better light...... :undecided:

I'll probably swap the high beams over to Philips X-Treme Vision H1 globes when the current globes croak....

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
the phillips X-tremes are extremely good I found,but believe me they do not last any longer than a standard globe,if not aa little shorter.

Surprised it only took five days they must have sent them by the defunked concord,I can't even get ones from Melbourne to here in five days  :blubber:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I decided to order some Philips X-Treme Vision H1 globes last night from here
Hopefully they turn up as quickly as the last pair I ordered from this company...  :fingers:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
the phillips X-tremes are extremely good I found,but believe me they do not last any longer than a standard globe,if not aa little shorter.

I was actually comparing the life of them to my previous Osram Nightbreaker Plus globes, Rick...  :D
I'd be rapped if these Philips lasted anywhere near a standard globe!

BTW, they turned up today...took twice as long this time... :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal