Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
Ordered on March 25th:

A 18 SMD 5050 led panel for €2.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-White-LED-Panel-18SMD-5050-car-Interior-Dome-lights-lamp-T10-Festoon-Ba9s-/280781492234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item415fe1900a

and a 2-pieces festoon with 6 SMD 5050 leds for €1.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-31mm-6SMD-5050-White-LED-Festoon-Interior-Dome-Light-Lamp-Bulb-3021-3022-/280816673646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4161fa636e

Arrived on April 6th, despite the free shipping (!)
Already in place, working great. Didn't have to cut anything just pulled up the copper connector and pushed the panel carefully through the opening. Left it for 30mins as Shambles did, no considerable heat noticed on the lens.
The festoon led-bulb found its place in the cabin (no need to mention any how-to for this I suppose) :P

Here's a couple of pics:

• 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Hey Guys,
 Since we are talking about better lighting, has anyone found a means to illuminate the ignition key area?    :idea:

That seems to me to be 1 place that " H "have slipped up.... maybe a spotlight mounted on the door!!! :rofl:..Actually that would be overkill.. :D

Any help appreciated.....BTW, just ordered the LED kit for the dome light in the CW... :goodjob2:

Cheers
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Parking under a powerful street light seems to work ok.  :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hey Guys,
 Since we are talking about better lighting, has anyone found a means to illuminate the ignition key area?    :idea:

That seems to me to be 1 place that " H "have slipped up.... maybe a spotlight mounted on the door!!! :rofl:..Actually that would be overkill.. :D

Any help appreciated.....BTW, just ordered the LED kit for the dome light in the CW... :goodjob2:

Cheers

Hey Tony, you could always upgrade to an SLX, they have an illuminated ignition keyhole ..... :D

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Thanks Guys',...... Now why didnt I think of those options ... :whistler:

Oh  that's right , we live in a rural area and Russ....I am still waiting for the "loan"... ;)

Maybe if the SLX has them , they will be available aftermarket..?

I was thinking surely in LED mad Korea, they will have them available... :undecided:

Anyway,   I will look around....

Sorry that I have been AWOL..... just to much on my plate right now......but I still read the posts, well those that are relevant.. :confused:

Cheers
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I know it's not a permanent type fix, but I have one of those $2 keyrings from Supercheap that has an LED torch on it, that I use for a couple of my older cars.
They are very compact (same size as most keyrings) and actually quite effective - just press a button as you go to put the key in and it lights it up really well, plus it can be used for other things too.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hey Guys,

To tell you the truth, I don't even notice that's it's illuminated. I usually insert the key into the ignition when I'm seated, so the ignition is out of view.  :-[  :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal