i30 Owners Club

3000 RPM issue

Nexus6 · 14 · 5059

Offline Nexus6

• 1st Gear
Hi All,

Sorry, I'm new here... I've got a 2007 i30 CRDi and never had a problem with. Mid January I had the 90000km service done and since I've got the in this forum documented issue where I sometimes can't get over 3000 RPM. You can put the foot down but it won't go over 3000RPM. The solution is to switch the car off, then start again.

I brang the car back to the garage where I've done the service and they kept it there for 3 days, a serviceman was driving it home to reproduce... and of course it did not occur. It is very random and I have experienced it so far only on weekends as we drive more frequently.. and of course the garage is not open on weekends ("bring it to us when it happens" :-( ).

Also instead they came up with noting that they've seen errors on the computer relating to the steering angle sensor... it should be replaced but will cost $3000... are they nuts? Can that cost that much... right?  :eek:  :scared:

I've printed out all the information about the issue from this forum and handed that to them and was told "this is all rubbish, don't believe what's in forums".

Does any of you guys know a reliable service center in Sydney that would know about the issue and can do something about this? It just happend this Sunday again.

I'd appreciate your advise.. it's very frustrating.. :-( :(
  • i30 CRDi

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Nexus, there's a few Sydney members on the forum and they'll help you with dealer recommendations I'm sure.
Whereabouts in Sydney are you and which dealer have you been going to? Don't hesitate to name them. We give credit where it's due and criticism when warranted.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear that Nexus6.

So you found the bit about the Fuel filter assembly (I think that is what it is called)

Hopefully other Sydney members will see this and  come up with some dealers that can help.

If not, you may have to contact Hyundai Australia direct (and shake a few trees)  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Nexus6

• 1st Gear
Nexus, there's a few Sydney members on the forum and they'll help you with dealer recommendations I'm sure.
Whereabouts in Sydney are you and which dealer have you been going to? Don't hesitate to name them. We give credit where it's due and criticism when warranted.

Oh, thanks... I'm at the North Shore, the service centre was McCarrolls Roseville.
  • i30 CRDi

Offline Nexus6

• 1st Gear
Sorry to hear that Nexus6.

So you found the bit about the Fuel filter assembly (I think that is what it is called)

Hopefully other Sydney members will see this and  come up with some dealers that can help.

If not, you may have to contact Hyundai Australia direct (and shake a few trees)  :undecided:

Correct, I printed that all out and highlighted some comments.. the 90000km service included changing the fuel filter I guess.. maybe something happened there..
  • i30 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I seem to recall others having issues after a service!  :undecided: Not sure what is causing it though!  :disapp:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Nexus.

I'm sending you a copy of Service Bulletin 04208, which you can use as leverage at the dealership.

Good luck.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Don't forget to tell 'em that came through the forum.  :lol:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't forget to tell 'em that came through the forum.  :lol:

Yeah, the dodgy, useless forum that you can't take any notice of  :whistler: :twisted:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Exactly.  :disapp:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Nexus,I do a lot of miles and some time ago I had the same problem,where the car would not go over 3000 rpm,Luckily because of the miles I do,the problem became quite apparent and it didn't take long for it to happen the the dealership,mind you took them a while to find the problem,I can't exactly remember what it was but it was a cracked(I think Oxygen Sensor)
One of our cars also had an issue with the self centering steering sensor,same dealer that fixed the top problem also reset the sensor,they didn't say anything about it costing them $3000.mind you that same car did in fact have the electronic power steering fail,while they where fixing the first problem,so they replaced it under warranty,they did happen to tell me it cost them $4500,which is bull hockey,because they just claim any warranty work from Hyundai Head office so it costs them nothing.

Hope you get it all sorted
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Nexus6

• 1st Gear
Thanks for all your help. I've sent today an letter (yes, that thing made of paper, with a real signature) to them requesting to have a look at the technical document I was nicely sent and cc'ed Hyundai Australia... Will see what will happen. It's just strange that it all happened after the last big service... Anyway, I'll keep you updated . Cheers :-/
  • i30 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:fingers:

Offline Nexus6

• 1st Gear
Hi all, OK, got an update now... they supplied us with a courtesy car and had it for a week. It didn't show up (as expected, as it usually only happenend once a week), however, they did what was recommended in this forum (thanks again for that technical service bulletin) and changed the petrol filter... I've driven now for 3 weeks and it did not reoccur.. success at last. Thanks everyone for their assistance. Such a shame that the value of this forum is under estimated by certain parties... would have saved those guys a lot of money...
  • i30 CRDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal