i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth surprise...

Hati · 9 · 3386

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Got a nice shiny pamphlet from Hyundai, asking me to book in my cars for a bluetooth update.

I don't recall reading about this on the forums, so I wonder if anyone else had this done and what are the changes.

Cheers.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Got a nice shiny pamphlet from Hyundai, asking me to book in my cars for a bluetooth update.

I don't recall reading about this on the forums, so I wonder if anyone else had this done and what are the changes.

Cheers.

Oh brilliant, I hope I get one of those.  Bluefang would be really nice, I saw it in Lesters car, looks OK  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Oh brilliant, I hope I get one of those.  Bluefang would be really nice, I saw it in Lesters car, looks OK   

This is issued by the Australian Hyundai HQ, it is a software update to existing BT equipped cars.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Cheers.

Oh brilliant, I hope I get one of those.  Bluefang would be really nice, I saw it in Lesters car, looks OK  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your number is in my phonebook so no silent calls   :lol: :P

Great to have it as I can drive and talk at the same time.

Microphone is above the drivers head so no need to SHOUT.

Can download phonebook so no dialing numbers unless number not in phonebook.  Just scroll to the person and press the green phone on the steering wheel icons.

Only problem I have, unless I've not set it up/connecting correctly, is when I remove the key from the ignition, when I put the key in next time I have to "connect" each time.

It doesn't automatically reconnect.

Read book but this seems to be how it works.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Oh brilliant, I hope I get one of those.  Bluefang would be really nice, I saw it in Lesters car, looks OK   

This is issued by the Australian Hyundai HQ, it is a software update to existing BT equipped cars.

Asa was just being funny... :snigger:

Hope you guys get voice dialling... :goodjob2:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Asa was just being funny...

Hope you guys get voice dialling...

Yeah I kinda figured that, eventually :D

I just hope the voice quality improves. My i30 is not too bad, but Mrs Hati's new Accent makes her sound very muffled. Trust me, it is a bad thing :D
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Asa was just being funny...

Hope you guys get voice dialling...

Yeah I kinda figured that, eventually :D

I just hope the voice quality improves. My i30 is not too bad, but Mrs Hati's new Accent makes her sound very muffled. Trust me, it is a bad thing :D
My daughter has just got a new Accent (see separate story).
Voice quality seems OK so far.
And asa, it connects itself each time she turns the ignition on. The salesman set it up for her. Took about 2 minutes.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline marty62

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Southern Highlands, NSW
I wonder if they are going to call in the GD models???? Wonder if it is worth speaking with my dealer, car dealer that is... I only have BlueFang when my wife gets in the car....
  • GD PREMIUM 1.6

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

Cheers.

I know this post was from a while back... Did you notice any difference to your stereo once they completed the update?
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal