• dk Denmark

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Its not a bluedrive with ISG?

No no, it has no ISG. As far as I know, there are no diesels (at least not here) with ISG. Mostly only 1.6 petrol engines have ISG. You can order it in 1.4, but I don't think anyone has done that here. Even if I had a choice, I would go for one without ISG. And if it was possible, I would also go for one without DPF  :p

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I forgot to mentioned, that the fabric on the seats is different as it is in his i30 or in my previous i30. I don't know how to explain it, it looks more "3D". Maybe it can be seen better in this pic. It just feels more "breathable" - better ;)

Yes it looks more textured although the upholstery in Trish's CW which is the same as our old SLX is also of a good quality...

Great pics!

In the 2nd and 3rd pics, I noticed what I think are small air dams protruding down along the wheel wells in front of the rear wheels.

Is that a new feature in the current model, or did you have those in the previous model?

My Beijing-built i30 doesn't have them.

As hard as I look I can't see what you are referring to. Maybe it's just the side skirts that you can see???

Trish's car has what he is talking about .. so did our old SLX hatch...

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Good point Dazz, maybe it is these little things. Wait, here are 2 pics, where it can be seen better. If you are talking about this, then my answer is - I had them on the previous i30 too.

Yes it looks more textured although the upholstery in Trish's CW which is the same as our old SLX is also of a good quality...

Yes, I think Trish has the same quality as we had in our previous i30's and it is great - didn't seem "tired" after 105k km. Honestly, I think the quality (especially durability) of the previous ones (MY2007, 2008..) is better then new ones, although they are still of great quality.. But they just seem more "delicate". I mentioned the new ones mostly because I find them interesting and because they are different - the Santa Fe has very similar ones. But I must admit I was a bit disappointed when I saw the quality of the fabric in my father in law's i30 -> my previous i30 had the same equipment (Life) and they were much better (as I've said, I think the same as yours). Also the seats felt stiffer (not much, but you could feel some minor difference). I don't doubt they are still very comfortable, it's just an observation.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:32:44 by accim »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
My '09 SLX has those things too.
And as for how the car feels as it ages, my i30 truly drives as good as (in fact probably better) than it did when new.
Everything is run in nicely, all nice and smooth. I was driving it today thinking how "together" it feels so I agree that the quality is definitely up on older Hyundais.
There are still a few areas they need to improve - carpet quality is poor and I think more sound-proofing wouldn't go astray either.
Plus certain equipment upgrades of course, such as auto headlights on for tunnels etc.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Reaper

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
All facelift diesels here are isg enabled, started in 2010 models. but you have the choice of using it or not, so it doesnt hurt to have. you do a sequence to activate.  anyways was just asking because i thought it was default, and noticed the missing switch.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, so back to me being me - aka - taking a lot of pictures of the car, etc.. These were taken this morning (Saturday at around 8am) in town called Kranj - located approx 15km from where I live. I think some of you might remember the videos I've filmed. I work here and so does my gf, we usually do all the shopping here also, etc.. It's kind of a capital of the "region" (called Gorenjska) in which we live - you can say Slovenia is divided in few regions (although it's funny to talk about it, because the country itself is so small), but okay. Roughly you have regions called Gorenjska • Štajerska • Prekmurje • Koroška • Notranjska • Primorska • Dolenjska. They also divide to smaller ones, but then it really gets hilarious  :twisted:

Back on track, here are the pics:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Your car looks great - it really does.  :)
Is it just me, or does anyone else like seing photos of different parts of the world as well as the cars?
I remember that Hemmi used to put lots of pics up of Iceland and I found them really interesting as a comparison to Australia.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
My '09 SLX has those things too.
And as for how the car feels as it ages, my i30 truly drives as good as (in fact probably better) than it did when new.
Everything is run in nicely, all nice and smooth. I was driving it today thinking how "together" it feels so I agree that the quality is definitely up on older Hyundais.
There are still a few areas they need to improve - carpet quality is poor and I think more sound-proofing wouldn't go astray either.
Plus certain equipment upgrades of course, such as auto headlights on for tunnels etc.

Yes I agree, there are some areas in which they must improve. But each new model has something from the "must improve list" and can be crossed out. For some time it was the xenon lights (they started installing them in ix55, then Santa Fe, now i40, the new i30), then the lights which illuminate the corners (did that with ix20, now i40, i30..). Next in line were the LED lights (also did that with the Veloster, i40 and i30..) and so on.. I think their development, especially in times like this and with the competition like this is almost praiseworthy. When I think about the Hyundai Pony (my uncle had it) which was still being sold not that long ago and the i40 now..

When I posted the pictures of the car on one Slovenian forum, there was this user, who was shocked, why I still buy Hyundai's, when they are not that cheap anymore. Well that's the thing. I think they worth every penny you pay for them. And I think the fact that I've done this quite a lot of times, just proves it. And the fact I went for almost the same car again, proves it even better. And I've noticed I'm not the only one who did it on this forum -> Dazz, Reaper,... Or people like 2i30's, who have 2 of them and so on.. So I guess there must be something about it. We can't be that stupid to buy crappy things all the time, right? :D

All facelift diesels here are isg enabled, started in 2010 models. but you have the choice of using it or not, so it doesnt hurt to have. you do a sequence to activate.  anyways was just asking because i thought it was default, and noticed the missing switch.

Didn't know you can deactivate it. But we don't have that opt in the price list for the diesels. Just checked it.. So I guess we don't have it here :)

Your car looks great - it really does.  :)
Is it just me, or does anyone else like seing photos of different parts of the world as well as the cars?
I remember that Hemmi used to put lots of pics up of Iceland and I found them really interesting as a comparison to Australia.

Thank you. I love checking photos of other i30's and as you've said it, seeing the car in different parts of the world. Especially if it looks nothing like the place, where you live.

Hemmi's pictures.. Well, that's something else. Sure the place is amazing, but I have a feeling it doesn't look as good in person :D He really is a talent and brings out the best of the place.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:15:55 by accim »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I bought myself a camera last year and really don't use it enough but I would like to get into the habit of using it, so if I do I'll start to post a few photos.
I'll have to look for which section is the appropriate place on the forum.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I bought myself a camera last year and really don't use it enough but I would like to get into the habit of using it, so if I do I'll start to post a few photos.

Hi Dave.. That would be great (like you I really enjoy photos from other parts - both interstate and overseas) If they include your car they go in the Diesel Pix section.. If not they go in off topic (Random Pix)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Hi Dave.. That would be great (like you I really enjoy photos from other parts - both interstate and overseas) If they include your car they go in the Diesel Pix section.. If not they go in off topic (Random Pix)

Thanks Daz, I'll make a start  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

• i30cw 1.6 CRDi Style 90 HP
I can see you really enjoy a new drive, accim.

Regarding the gas pedal - I have the same pedal with the kick-down switch, but I haven't noticed any additional boost after I put my foot down flat. But it works good with the speed limiter - when you 'kick it down' the car would accelerate over the set and activated limit.

Anyway, the seats in the i30 are great. Week ago I returned from the trip to Germany. I have been driving 9 hours (900 km) and after I stepped out of the car, only my heel was hurting me :)  I'm just wondering wheather I'll be sorry not to have ordered heated seats for winter :)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
neoto
'll be sorry not to have ordered heated seats for winter
Russia is known by its cold winters and the last season wasn't an exception, but I can't tell I switched on the heaters every time I got in the car. It is really vital for the cars with leather seats, no doubt.
I wish my steering wheel had had any integrated heating system, cause when an outside temperature is about -25, so about -20 - -25 in the car it is really hard to keep the bare palms on the steering wheel.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wish my steering wheel had had any integrated heating system, cause when an outside temperature is about -25, so about -20 - -25 in the car it is really hard to keep the bare palms on the steering wheel.

:idea: Throw some driving gloves in the car .... :whistler:

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

@meehalych: last winter in Slovenia temperatures dropped below -20°C quite frequently.  :mrgreen: My father has heated seats in his car and they make really a difference in the first 15 minutes until the car warms up completely.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
@meehalych: last winter in Slovenia temperatures dropped below -20°C quite frequently.  :mrgreen: My father has heated seats in his car and they make really a difference in the first 15 minutes until the car warms up completely.

I am not that sure about the heated seats. They say they are not good for your "fellows" down there..?  :whistler: We had them in one of our previous cars - Subaru Forester and I don't know if it was used 5 times for 10 min in those 5 years we had the car.. But okay, it's a thing of preference.

Otherwise I have the same comments about the seats on longer trips. I've also done few longer trips like 400, 500, 600 km without stopping (previous i30 of course :) ) and also had no problems. Did also more then 1,300 km in one day too, but didn't do it at once. Went in the morning, drove for 7 hours, went on a meeting and stayed there for approx 2 hours and then drove 7 hours back. No problems with my back or anything like that. I was just sleepy :D - but has nothing to do with the seats. Had to drive quite fast back, to make it more interesting so I wouldn't fell asleep.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:50:51 by accim »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I am not that sure about the heated seats. They say they are not good for your "fellows" down there..?  :whistler:

:) :) :) Do you mean "us fellows" down under???  :) :) :) :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

neoto
Well does your father have the leather seats in a car?
Mine are not, moreover I do have a fur cover (from Biltema) on my seat to keep it clean and provide a buffer between seat and my bottom  :D so I haven't experienced any inconveniences while seated in a cold car, even though I could switch the heater on.
Anyway you can always purchase 12V heating cover at any shop.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

I am not that sure about the heated seats. They say they are not good for your "fellows" down there..?  :whistler:

:) :) :) Do you mean "us fellows" down under???  :) :) :) :)

No no..  :cool: Let me express myself with the help of picture, you'll probably know what I mean  :mrgreen:

Okay, and about the car.. Today I've "hit" the 500 km. You know what, it feels much much better. Goes (accelerates) much better, shifts better.. I still don't go over 2,500 rpm (well, at least I try not to) and I plan on doing it till 1,000 km. And then I'll do the same, but the limit will be 3,000 rpm till I reach the 2,000 km. After 2,000 km I'm going all the way :D

Oh and yes.. I'm very happy with the fuel consumption. It's around 6,0-6,2 lit now. Okay, I don't drive it fast now, but I'm still among the quicker ones on the road. Just changing the gears the right time and not going 160, 180.. km/h :)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 16:07:35 by accim »

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

I've heard something about a harm the heated seats may cause to health, but not quite sure it has been proved practically.  :)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Few night pics, which I took today:

Nice background............. :cool: ;)
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

It looks great, it really does. Nice photos, nice car. And yes, nice background in that shot.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
She's a good looking car Accim, very impressed :goodjob: :goodjob:

I passed a CW CRDi in the same colour as mine last night and there is a hatch in Ice Blue going around Aberdeen also, the i30 really suits that colour :D :D
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice photos accim  :goodjob: 

Didn't your girlfriend realise we could see her watching you out the window  :Shocked:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thank you. Yes Dazz, she thought we are all alone  :mrgreen:

But I had some problems taking that picture. Why? Well, I had problems focusing the camera.. Look..a lot of first pictures looked like this  :p (see..bad focusing..or maybe the cam focused on the right thing)  :cool:

Today I went to town Celje (user neoto should know where that is :P ). Town Celje is approx 160 km from where I live, so it was a nice approx 350 km trip. Now it has around 1.100 km on the clock and let me say that I am really positively surprised how the car goes. The fifth gear pulls now much better as it is shorter and the 6th gear is great for "cruising" at 120-140 km/h (not that much difference, but still..there is some). And what I was really positively surprised was the acceleration. I was afraid that the new one wont go as good as the previous one, but I think this one might even be better. Not quite sure yet, but will see when it runs in completely  :wink: Oh and the average fuel consumption is (according to BC) exactly 6,0 lit/100 km, which is a great result.

Here are few pics, I've taken with my phone in Celje. Didn't have much time, there are many nice locations there to take them though.

(this one is funny..not so long ago, I took a pic of 100.000 of them)

Bumpkin: I know which color you are talking about. Looks great on i30.

P.S.: I really need to put those 16" wheels on ASAP. But I don't think I'll do it till spring - no point in changing them for 1,5 month (have to put 195/65/15 winter on in Nov anyway).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 15:27:26 by accim »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I see what you mean accim... :winker:

Even with just a few photos can see that Celje is a pretty place  :goodjob:

Offline neoto

• 3rd Gear

• si Slovenia

Nice pictures, accim. Those nightly - BTC and Kranj? :)

offtopic: Dazzler, Celje is indeed quite a nice small city and ancient too, dating back to the time before Romans (same as all major cities in Slovenia  :D).

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal