i30 Owners Club

Labor MP at work

Guest · 73 · 17739

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Oh, and don't forget, it was John Howard who signed Australia up to the UNs Millennium Development Goals of 0.7% GNI in 2000.

Australia is at 0.35% GNI and Labor wants to cap it at 0.5%.  Did the Coalition agree? Yes.

Thank God......consensus in Australian politics. :goodjob2:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

You didn't pass my quick history quizz, Dave. If you did, you'd know why these refugees are lobbing in Australia.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

But not let's give away our values and our history if those people choose to live here.

And just how are we giving away our values and our history, Dave? I know I'm not.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Sorry, but that is not the reason they are coming here.
They are coming here for the lifestyle, the welfare and because they can.
And they can because we don't have control of our borders.
That is why they come here in their droves now, unlike when Liberals were in power when we didn't have this problem.
The people smugglers know we have a pathetic weak govt and they take advantage of it to ply their trade.
That is why they come here in the thousands now - nothing to do with the fact that we are in their country sorting out some of their problems.
This one sits fairly and squarely with Rudd & Gillard which is fairly and squarely right where it should sit.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

But not let's give away our values and our history if those people choose to live here.

And just how are we giving away our values and our history, Dave? I know I'm not.

Really?

We have schools in Western Australia where we can't sell ham sandwiches to the kids because it might offend other cultures.
We have supermarkets (I can name them) that refuse to sell certain goods that westerners eat because it offends their culture.
We have schools here where we can't even sing Christmas carols because some people might find it offensive.
I'm not sure what is happening where you live, but that is what is happening here and I call that giving away our values and our history.
I'm glad you're not having to do that on the other side of the continent.
My grandkids can't sing the Australian national anthem because it might offend someone from somewhere else in the world. Hello???

• Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Oh, that's right, I forgot. Rudd & Gillard invaded Iraq and stuck their nose into Afghanistan.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:Yeah:  :rolleyes:

See you in the High & Dry. Your shout.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

:Yeah:  :rolleyes:

See you in the High & Dry. Your shout.

Is that a white flag I see, Dave? :mrgreen:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

No, not at all.
It's a "peace but I don't agree with you" flag.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

No, not at all.
It's a "peace but I don't agree with you" flag.  :)

Damn, I was just getting warmed up. Perhaps we'd better get a room and make up. ;)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Er, pass, thanks.
It's the High & Dry we're talking about here, not the Canberra Labor caucus room.
There'll be none of that in here.   ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Er, pass, thanks.
It's the High & Dry we're talking about here, not the Canberra Labor caucus room.

Remember, Junie Morosi  :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Er, pass, thanks.

Tell Craig Thompson that. :rofl:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Junie Morosi and Craig Thomson both had partners of the opposite gender  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
So  :exclaim:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Er, pass, thanks.

Remember, Junie Morosi  :mrgreen:

Personally, I have no idea why what Jim Cairns was saw in her.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 14:32:16 by Ugly Mongrel »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

So  :exclaim:

So, if I took UM up on his offer to get a room and make up, we wouldn't have.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Apparently, she was a vital component of the Labor Cabinet  :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Apparently, she was a vital component of the Labor Cabinet  :whistler:

Until she got shafted... :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Anyone been watching "Dumb, Drunk and Racist" on the ABC?

Thought things had settled down a bit so I thought I'd stir it up again. :whistler: :happydance: :snigger:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

You're a funny man.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
A quick history quizz.....
Question 1. Who invaded Iraq?
Question 2. Who lobbed into Afghanistan uninvited?

Answers....
Question 1.  Australia.
Question 2. Australia.

Reap what you sow.

UM, I think the important question is "Why?"
And in the first instance we were wrong (IMHO).
In the second (IMHO) we were doing the right thing. And we still are.
But I'm interested in your opinions especially if they are influenced by those of the other people in the area where you work.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Trev, thanks for your post.

Firstly, let me say my opinions are in no way influenced by where I work or by those I work with. In fact, I have very little contact with military personnel in my role.

Secondly, my post was intended to convey my opinion that the current influx of refugees is a direct result of Australia's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. In other words, we are partly to blame for what is happening now.  Just look at how many Iraqui and Afghani refugees were coming to Australia BEFORE our invasion of their countries.

Now to answer your question, Trev.

We became involved in both conflicts because of our alliance with the USA.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Strange how many powers have invaded Afghanistan, and failed, you'd think we'd know better.  :exclaim:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Strange how many powers have invaded Afghanistan, and failed, you'd think we'd know better.  :exclaim:

You're spot on, Phil.

The war in Afghanistan has lasted longer than the WW1 and WW2 combined, and for what?

The minute the US, NATO and Australia pull out, it will be "game on" again for the Taliban. The staggering loss of life suffered by British, Canadian, Dutch, French, German, American and Aussie troops will amount to naught, and that is so sad.

A pox on Howard for sending us there and a pox on Rudd and Gillard for keeping us there.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Labor increasing sales at Hyundai:

One Iload for the NSW Labor opposition, one for the Qld opposition and in 18 months.....I can wait, God knows I did in Qld, but as Qld has shown, while I'm waiting the damaging is compounding.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Trev, thanks for your post.

Firstly, let me say my opinions are in no way influenced by where I work or by those I work with. In fact, I have very little contact with military personnel in my role.

Secondly, my post was intended to convey my opinion that the current influx of refugees is a direct result of Australia's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. In other words, we are partly to blame for what is happening now.  Just look at how many Iraqui and Afghani refugees were coming to Australia BEFORE our invasion of their countries.

Now to answer your question, Trev.

We became involved in both conflicts because of our alliance with the USA.
All true as posted but I think we need to go back further to assess this a bit more. The "why" I was referring to included the US, Britain etc.
And as to them not coming before, I'd like to know more about the opportunities thay had to do so (or not).

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I just heard on the news that Gillard has just given (today) four Hercules aircraft to Indonesia.
Nice gift.
I'm a bit confused though.  :lol:
She has very recently abolished return flights to Australia for single military personnel serving overseas so now they can't come home and see their families when they have a break in operational duties.
Apparently we can't afford it..  :confused:
With all due respect to the office of P.M. she is a dead-set stupid nutter who just does not have a single bloody clue.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

I just heard on the news that Gillard has just given (today) four Hercules aircraft to Indonesia.
Nice gift.
She has very recently abolished return flights to Australia for single military personnel serving overseas so now they can't come home and see their families when they have a break in operational duties.
With all due respect to the office of P.M. she is a dead-set stupid nutter who just does not have a single bloody clue.

Dave, regarding the Hercules. These aircraft (C130-H) are about 25 years old and have been decommissioned from service by the RAAF with the introduction of the C-17.  The decommissioning of these aircraft is saving us taxpayers $250,000,000. But don't let that fact get in the way if a bit of Julia bashing!

If these aircraft can be used by one our neighbours in a search and rescue role saving people's lives, I for one think that's a good thing. Compassion for a neighbor is a good thing. They may even help in stopping those pesky bloody boat people over running our country.

The Federal government was pilloried when the decommissioned F-111 were destroyed, even though several were kept for museums. A case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

In relation to operational troops flying back to Australia while on deployment, this has never happened, unless in extreme family emergencies.

How you relate the two issues is typical of someone who does not base their  opinions on the facts.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Nice gift.

Dave, regarding the Hercules. These aircraft (C130-H) are about 25 years old and have been decommissioned from service by the RAAF with the introduction of the C-17.  The decommissioning of these aircraft is saving us taxpayers $250,000,000. But don't let that fact get in the way if a bit of Julia bashing!

If these aircraft can be used by one our neighbours in a search and rescue role saving people's lives, I for one think that's a good thing. Compassion for a neighbor is a good thing. They may even help in stopping those pesky bloody boat people over running our country.

The Federal government was pilloried when the decommissioned F-111 were destroyed, even though several were kept for museums. A case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

In relation to operational troops flying back to Australia while on deployment, this has never happened, unless in extreme family emergencies.

How you relate the two issues is typical of someone who does not base their  opinions on the facts.

You are wrong.
It has happened in the past and in fact it is still continuing for married personnel. The change has been made in relation to single personnel.
Married personnel are still able to return to Australia to see their families and single personnel are not.
I relate the two issues simply because they are related.
You can't say on one hand that as a country we cannot afford to look after our own military personnel (this should be absolutely paramount) and on the other hand keep making these gifts to our neighbouring countries. It's not the first.
It was only a few months ago that some naval patrol boats and aircraft were "gifted" to our neighbours as well.
Decommissioned aircraft are not valueless.
As far as Julia-bashing is concerned, I don't think I'm an orphan.
Millions of people can't be wrong but if you want to keep defending her policies at this time when it is clear to Blind Freddie that she has been a dismal failure as a Prime Minister, then all power to you.
I actually believe that she is a danger to Australia and even on a good day I fail to see how she has been good for this nation.
But as I said, I'm not alone and her day is fast approaching, regardless of what you might think.
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal