The Royal Baby

AlanHo · 76 · 13175

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
The wait is over - it's a boy weighing 8lbs 6 ounces - which foreigners would recognise as 3.8 kg.

I have been on tenterhooks for weeks and weeks worrying that all was well and speculating whether it would be a boy or girl. I have been scurrying over to the newsagents extra early each morning for the Daily Mail to catch up on the latest news and speculation. They do say that moving house is stressful - but waiting for this birth has been much worse and I have found it difficult to concentrate on anything.

It has been a joy to switch on the TV at almost any time of the day or night to see pictures of the huge gaggle of photographers waiting patiently outside the hospital - or watch experts and politicians talking about the imminent birth or the child's place in history. However - our tacky commercial channels have had the temerity to interrupt this historic coverage with bloody adverts. You could almost hear the collective groan of the whole Country when the adverts came on.

You will have noticed my recent failure to post jokes etc every day - I bet you assumed this was because I was too busy on house moving chores. The reality is that I have been glued to the TV and newspapers in order to collect and savour every snippet of this momentous and joyous occasion. The whole country has been besotted by the story with the streets noticeably quieter  as people stayed home frightened to miss the finale.

Well at last it has happened and we will all get up each day with bugger all to look forward to or talk about. The TV channels will have to resort to showing repeats of old programmes without the royal goings-on to pad things out. Tomorrow I will take my wheel barrow over to the newsagents to collect the Daily Mail - it is bound to be a special souvenir edition and will weigh heavy.  I cant wait.......................... :whistler:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 22:01:40 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
After reading that and you being such a royal watcher i wonder whether you will be asked to be a godfather.........
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I am so happy I could sh1t!

Thank you Alan, I was beginning to think I was the only one feeling like you :goodjob:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
It has been announced on Newsnight by historian Lucy Worsley that the baby will be 'another plank' in the Royal Family. I couldn't agree more. :)

Can't wait for the coronation <taps assumptions into calculator> which will be around 2090.  :eek:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Another sprog whole  live on state benifits all its life and never ever do a days work  AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

I am so happy I could sh1t!

Thank you Alan, I was beginning to think I was the only one feeling like you :goodjob:

It's good to know that the Scots share our enthusiasm and are equally in thrall over the events.

It will be interesting to see what our Aussie friends have to say about the birth of their future king when they all fall out of bed.

I haven't been this excited for longer than I can remember :mrgreen:

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Me either.... Zzzz....Zzzzzzz.....what?
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not that excited about the baby sorry ..

More inquisitive about what language Kate used at the height of the contractions (I imagine damn was the worst she would have said)  :snigger:

.. and how quickly she will get her nice abbs back  :winker:

:snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I heard yesterday that Kate's dog got its head caught in a fence and emergency services had to be called.
http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-07-19/cripes-will-and-kates-dog-lupo-gets-stuck-in-a-fence/
I did wonder whether that was a sign that the baby was coming (and whether it would get its head stuck in Kate's "gate"  but I see no news on that is being reported.:undecided:)
I guess it was indeed a sign though.  :)
Being a Royalist I think it's great news and fantastic to see that Australia has a new potential king (being third in line to the throne).  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
How is he going to be our King?  I didn't vote for him (or the Queen for that matter).

And before any of you Royalists raise the spectre of me being a former Commissioned Officer in the RAAF and RAN, both were not Queen's Commissions, but Commissioned by the Governor General.  At no stage during my career did I swear allegiance to the Queen (as was formerly the case).

Move on, bring on the Republic!! 

Again, don't raise the "If it's not broke, don't fix it" line.  I'm sure you all get your cars serviced BEFORE they break down.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I hope the gentleman concerned will forgive me for this but I've "stolen" his facebook comments and pasted them here as they are just too good to not share.

Whilst the safe arrival of any baby is a wonderful thing do we really need all the fuss? Here we are taking a picture of the empty steps at the front of the hospital again ( yes where we were 2 minutes ago when we told you the same thing). David Cameron says they will make wonderful parents (how does he know??), the Queen and Prince Philip are apparently delighted, well they are not exactly going to say they are bloody miserable about it are they? Some woman on from Kates home town who says "Really, it's a boy? Really?" No it's the bloody alien from the Argos ads!     
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
"Sh1t", cried the King and thousands of Royal AH's strained their utmost.  :exclaim:

BIG DEAL,,,,,  :sleeping:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

How is he going to be our King?  I didn't vote for him (or the Queen for that matter).

And before any of you Royalists raise the spectre of me being a former Commissioned Officer in the RAAF and RAN, both were not Queen's Commissions, but Commissioned by the Governor General.  At no stage during my career did I swear allegiance to the Queen (as was formerly the case).

Again, don't raise the "If it's not broke, don't fix it" line.  I'm sure you all get your cars serviced BEFORE they break down.

Australia's Governor General is the Queens's representative in Australia, Jamie.  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Bloody good day to be born!   :goodjob:

Well, I think so anyhow....

Offline potnodleman

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North West
the first thing the queen asked was.... he's not ginger is he?  :whistler:
  • silver i30 classic 1.6 CRDi 110PS Diesel Blue Drive Manual

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Tomorrow I will take my wheel barrow over to the newsagents to collect the Daily Mail - it is bound to be a special souvenir edition and will weigh heavy.  I cant wait.......................... :whistler:

Here is online version for you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2374032/Royal-baby-boy-born-Kate-Middleton-Duchess-Cambridge-gives-birth-future-King.html

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

I love it when one of my sarcastic posts hits the spot and gets you guys all fired up..................... :evil: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Sarcasm,,,,, I thought you meant it  :exclaim:  :snigger:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Australia's Governor General is the Queens's representative in Australia, Jamie.  :whistler:

The Queen is still our Head of State too, yet she didn't seem it worth her while to sign my commissions (yes, I have two).  :undecided:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I'm very happy for them and that he was born healthy,but F#8k me PPL you all need to get a life,this poor kid is going to have absolutely no privacy,leave the poor buggers in peace.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Jamie, that's because she delegates those duties to her representative in Australia, the GG.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
You can delegate authority, but not responsibility.  She is still the Head of State, therefore should have signed my Commission.  A President would have.

Roll on the Republic!!!

Viva la revolution!!

I'm very happy for them and that he was born healthy,but F#8k me PPL you all need to get a life,this poor kid is going to have absolutely no privacy,leave the poor buggers in peace.

Agreed Rick.  Just another baby.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:lol: C'mon Fb, she hasn't delegated responsibility, just the authority and task, as you say.
Anyhow, you probably wouldn't have wanted it if the Queen signed it.  ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Due to the birth the line up for the throne now puts our royal watcher AlanHo 1 step further away from becoming our King.

Alan, you now come in at number 65,999,999.

2 behind me.
 :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

And 3 behind the Chinaman, Wang.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
:lol: C'mon Fb, she hasn't delegated responsibility, just the authority and task, as you say.
Anyhow, you probably wouldn't have wanted it if the Queen signed it.  ;)

I would too!!  Then I'd have the Queen's (or Queens's) signature!!   :happydance:

BTW, I've seen it, it's not that spectacular (ER). 

And in my time in the RAN, I've NEVER stood for the Loyal Toast.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I have the Queen's signature but I'd have to dig it out.
I got it when I was a teenager.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Oooh, can I see it, I love the Queen!! 

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

who?  Freddie

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal