i30 Owners Club

hyundai 130 diesel 2012

Offline toy hopkins

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      galway
Hi. I have a problem with my Hyundai 130 diesel 2012, when I take my foot off the accelerator when I am slowing down, the engine seems to click in to cruise control and the car just takes off on its own. Has anyone else got this problem . The garage tells me that this is normal for a diesel engine, I find this strange as it is  to my mind dangerous .
  • own hyundai 130 diesel 2012

ouri30
 :wttc:

This issue sounds a bit like anti stall.  Try changing into a lower gear as you slow down so the engine doesn't slow too much.  Anti stall speeds up the engine when driving at slow speeds so that the engine will not stall.

What do others think?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:wttc:

This issue sounds a bit like anti stall.  Try changing into a lower gear as you slow down so the engine doesn't slow too much.  Anti stall speeds up the engine when driving at slow speeds so that the engine will not stall.

What do others think?

:whsaid:

If it's clicking into cruise control, THAT would be a major safety issue!

I liked the anti-stall function when we had the diesel, but it does take a bit of getting used to..

Maybe the idle rate is set a bit high??
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Wittendorff
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Mine has the same problem, but only when I am using cruise control.

When I accelerating while using cruise control and then letting off the accelerator,  iot drop back to the cruising speed, it will take ages for the car to slow down.  No big problem though.

There are no problems when the cruise is off.

My car is due for service in a few weeks and I will have it fixed then. I have heard that there is a couple of software upgrades regarding the the cruise control.

/Jakob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Maybe only the Euro built Diesels (haven't heard of that one in OZ) Stand to be corrected though... :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
All my years of driving I have never heard of an anti stall being fitted to a vehicle,seen plenty of them on self regulating stationary motors,learn something new every day even when your older
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
If you're in perhaps too high a gear when you slow, then a diesel will do something similar.
If that is what you mean, it's normal.
Welcome to the forum, by the way.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal