Reduction in welfare payments if kids aren't vaccinated

FatBoy · 55 · 14227

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I had hepatitis when I was 12 and also had 6 weeks in bed (and lost about 10 kg) and 2 weeks of school holidays  :fum: then about 12 months later got mumps ( but they didn't spread downstairs thankfully)  :sweating: I am pro-vaccination  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The antivaccers annoy me. These days if you go to a markets almost anywhere, you'll find a booth carrying signs advocating anti vaccination views and displaying banners advising how the Gubmint and doctors are lying to us all. Most of the time I manage to walk past and ignore them.

But there are two or three of my facebook friends who are passionately anti vaccination. One, who I like immensely, I have blocked - which isn't unfriending so she doesn't know I don't see her posts anymore.
One of the others is a surfer whose whole family has all sorts of medical conditions including autism spectrum and ADD issues, all of which he blames on vaccinations. He may or may not be correct in his family's case. As others have said here, no one denies there is a risk of an adverse reaction from vaccinations. This guy has taken his family off the grid in an old council bus - home schooling and all. Travelling around Australia as and when he feels like it.

Anyway, a week or so ago I finally reacted to the posts from antivaccers offering "proof" the doctors are all part of a scam etc etc and wrote a piece on my fb page. To make a point I found an opposing view to this latest thing doing the rounds and added both the for and against arguments at the end. You only need to read as much or as little as you want but I reproduce the post here in full for your info.

(click to show/hide)
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've never had the mumps, I've had chicken pox when I was 13 and German measles ( Rubella ) as a child and nothing ever again " touch wood " :)

The worst part of chicken pox was the Doctor gave me Valium, very bad move :eek: it sent me crackers and I destroyed the house internally and tried to kill my mother  :crazy2:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I had Measles. Then Mumps on the day we were due to go to the Ekka.
Only got Chicken Pox in my final year of high school, about 2 months before the Leaving Certificate.
Fortunately it wasn't a serious bout and the doc signed me off to go back to school after 1 week instead of the required 3.
Never had German Measles.

Always loved Agatha Christie's, "The Mirror Cracked" - German Measles connection.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@ Trevor .. post 32 =  :Agoodpost:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Great post, Trev.

I did like this line of yours,

"My argument is that the risks associated with doing nothing are greater AND have much wider implications and risks for the whole community."

As to the comments that vaccinations cause autism.  This has been disproven, the article that proposed it withdrawn by the publication, and the author struck from the medical register. 

:link: Link between vaccine, autism debunked again ? News in Science (ABC Science)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^^
The trouble is of course, the anti mob just claim the medical profession closed ranks and paid off the researchers.

God I hate conspiracy theorists.  :disapp:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
From my understanding of the research, it was only a sample size of twelve boys.  Hardly a large group. 

Did you know that 99% of heroin addicts drank milk as babies?  Therefore, by the anti-vaxxer logic, drinking milk causes heroin addiction.

Allah be praised, I hate conspiracy theorists as well!!

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
What have the Romans ever done for us?

Taxes, I believe.  :'(
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Offline Wingerdave

• 5th Gear
  • Brummie born and bred

• nl Netherlands
      Raamsdonksveer

Taxes, I believe.  :'(

And the aqueducts.

BTW, I don't mind paying taxes.

Concrete, but then everybody forgot about it for a few hundred years coz building with wood was easier
  • 2015 i30 GO! 1.6 GDi 5d Hatch, 6MT, Phantom Black

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Military tactics/weapons/Battlefield Surgery, codes/signalling, roads and surveying, The Twelve Tables and the Corpus Juris Civilis ( the basis for our legal systems today ), The Julian Calendar which evolved into the Gregorian calendar, Bound Books, newspapers, welfare.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Military tactics/weapons/Battlefield Surgery, codes/signalling, roads and surveying, The Twelve Tables and the Corpus Juris Civilis ( the basis for our legal systems today ), The Julian Calendar which evolved into the Gregorian calendar, Bound Books, newspapers, welfare.

But apart from that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

They invented bacon ( petaso )

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

They invented bacon ( petaso )

Did I ever tell you I love the Romans?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Now you're talking his language.  :lol:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
From my understanding of the research, it was only a sample size of twelve boys.  Hardly a large group. 

They could have been large FatBoys.   :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I heard a good comment on the radio the other day. Old mate said the second generation have never had to experience the sadness of a large number of children dying, they are now mistakenly believing the stupidity of the anti vaccination brigade.

They are also surfing on the pain my kids endured to continue the immunity of the herd......
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal