i30 Owners Club

Gearbox feel

Dave86 · 6 · 2575

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Hi guys,

Just a quick question about the gearbox on my 2011 plate i30 1.6 6 speed manual, not the new shape. She's very low mileage, but the gearbox ses to require a little bit more effort to go through the gears. Not hard as such, just more than i would expect.  I am talking about the throw of the gear lever, almost as if the gates resist letting the knob go in if that makes sense? Hot or cold doesn't matter really. In addition on a few occasions when accelerating briskly through first in to second, put the clutch in and it will almost fly out of first when i pull the gear knob.

Any ideas?  Is it normal? I frequently drive our fleet i30s at work and they don't feel like mine does. Only has 25k miles on it.
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Do you get the same feel if you move the gearstick slowly, slightly pausing as you go through neutral?

Do you know how to bleed the clutch?

Offline Dave86

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
I'm not sure about changing slowly, i will have a try and report back this morning....i've never had cause to bleed a clutch no :(
  • 2015 I30 Premium

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Sounds normal to me.
Pretty much the same as my FD was and I occasionally get the same feel you describe when leaving first gear even in my GD.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Sounds normal to me.
Pretty much the same as my FD was and I occasionally get the same feel you describe when leaving first gear even in my GD.

That's disappointing. Mine's been fine again since the clutch bleed (After new clutch was fitted)

Offline ralvarellos

• 1st Gear

• cl Chile
      Chile, Santiago
Hi
I have a 5 speed and I think mine is similar to what you describe, and when accelerating brisky is light to pull out but is not like is going out by itself, is still safely in.
I put some grease once in the base of the gear stick and nothing changed

• I30 2011 CRDi Manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal