i30 Owners Club

Replacement Clutch due to vibration noise

Offline mrcarrotcake

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Edinburgh
I bought a Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi a few weeks ago. it's a 2008 model and has only done 42,000 miles, but it has a vibration at idle and noticeable vibration through the steering wheel at around 1900rpm. What are the most likely causes?
  • Kia Cee's 1.6 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I bought a Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi a few weeks ago. it's a 2008 model and has only done 42,000 miles, but it has a vibration at idle and noticeable vibration through the steering wheel at around 1900rpm. What are the most likely causes?

:welcum: Is this your first Diesel? After driving other vehicles for a while I notice the vibrations associated with a diesel drivetrain if I drive a diesel now. They can run a little rougher if the fuel quality is poor which increases the vibration effect.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mrcarrotcake

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Edinburgh

:welcum: Is this your first Diesel? After driving other vehicles for a while I notice the vibrations associated with a diesel drivetrain if I drive a diesel now. They can run a little rougher if the fuel quality is poor which increases the vibration effect.

It's not my first diesel. I was thinking of trying some Shell Optimax diesel in it though.
  • Kia Cee's 1.6 CRDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's worth a try!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal