i30 Owners Club

Drivers Door Central lock Issue

Offline caribbean

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi

Great forum long time follower, My 2008 I30 is having an issue and I seek your collective wisdom.

The drivers door won't lock or unlock using central locking, the other 3 all operate fine.
Then often I will hear the locks rapidly lock and unlock maybe 3 times.
I understand there is a common fuse and relay for all 4 doors? which rules that out

Thank you.
  • I30

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Does it try to lock (small movement in the lock indicator) or is it fully dead?
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline caribbean

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Fully dead no attempt to move
  • I30

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Sometimes when the lock actuators go bad the lock tries to move, but it looks like it lacks the power. Body control module operates the central locking. When my rear door actuators died, they just stopped working. No extra locking sounds. 3 times lock/unlock sounds strange.

Taking the door panel out would give you access to the actuator. Could measure if locking signal comes to the actuator or if it is something before it: wiring, bcm etc.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Software doesn't change on its own and neither does BCM logic unless stressed by a physical change, so I support the idea of examining the health of your actuators. If they have become old, dry, tired and a little more hungry for current, they may be proving too hard for your logic. Moving parts fail way before solid state.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal