i30 Owners Club

Spare key doesn't start my car

Offline masen54

• 1st Gear
Hejsan, fick en extranyckel med när jag köpte bilen, allt fungerar utom att starta bilen, startmotorn snurrar, den gula lampan med
nyckeln på instrumentbrädan tänds inte. Med andra nyckeln fungerar allt som det ska. finns det något jag kan göra själv?
Hyundai i30  2008
  • hyundai i30 2008

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Translation:
Hello, got an extra key with when I bought the car, everything works except starting the car, the starter motor spins, the yellow light with key on the dashboard does not light up. With the second key, everything works as it should. Is there anything I can do myself? Hyundai i30 2008
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi masen54 and  :welcome:

It sounds to me like your second (spare) key doesn't have the transponder chip installed, which should deactivate the built-in immobiliser, so you cannot start your car.

When I bought my 1st i30 in 2008, it also only came with a spare that didn't start the car. Useless other than to open the doors :rolleyes:, so I convinced Hyundai to supply a keyfob that did behave the same as the master fob.

Where do you go from here?  Not sure, other than try to contact Hyundai Sweden to see what they advise.

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal