• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
Recalling memory from previous forum:

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
today i got a chance to try out the hands free function but was disappointed to discover that the nokia e61 cable's jack is usual 3.5mm but the cable supplied is 2.5mm (i think) so the nokia couldnt be connected! :cry: I will have to find out from my sis-in-law who is using samsung brand mobile phone and get her phone to try if she got the phone cable...

Offline encountar

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith
You should be able to duck down to a local electronics store and tell them you want a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. Take the parts with you to make sure it will fit correctly :) quick n easy fix, cheap too! Shouldnt set you back more then a couple of bucks

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi
good idea! why didnt i think of that?? better than to look for expensive alternatives... i will email hyundai korea also for this function...

Offline 30L6805

• 2nd Gear

• vn Viet Nam
      Hanoi

Finally got the long awaited connector! just tested with nokia E61i while my wife driving ourselves to foot massage shop. when there is incoming call, your phone will ring. press the answer button on the phone or the remote button FIRST before pressing the 'call' icon (below headphone icon) on your steering wheel. the music will be muted upon pressing the 'call' icon and voice (through speaker near driver panel) and mic (above you) is activated.

control the speaker vol by the 'mobile phone' icon as if were audio vol. this is rather manual style and not automatic like BT in luxury cars. i suspect the nokia remote mic function still working thus may act like double mic for better voice quality for the caller.

lastly, i still cant figure out what is the headphone plug is for. i might suspect is for private listening rather then to 'broadcast' to everyone in the car. you know what i mean... dont you?? sometimes you might not want others to know your 'secrets' :mrgreen:

so i conclude end of testing for hand-free feature for vietnamese/korean i30.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice one python.. errr sorry.. 30L6805. Thanks for keeping us updated.

As for your foot massage shop - too much information there my friend  :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal