i30 Owners Club

A week in Hong Kong

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
This trip had been planned since the spring 2014, first we expected to set off in November and changed to the second part of February, thus anticipating to celebrate the chinese new year, which, actually, turned out a little bit boring except for the firwork  :).
So my trip began in 14 Feb with the flight to Moscow and 4 hours of doing nothing between the flights at Sheremetievo airport. Then followed 9 hours flight on board of A330, that took us to Hong Kong. I didn't sleep for the whole flight but watched the movies - the best way to acclimatize oneself, for I felt asleep the moment I touched the bed in the hotel in the evening.

Our group, waiting for the bus, that takes us directly to the hotel

Sitting on the upper deck of the bus - the weather wasn't favourable for us throughout the trip

Having checked in and taken a shower we set off for 10000 Buddas monastery, which was located nearby

all three from Saint-Petersburg

On the way back we encountered some monkeys

our group takes photos of monkeys  :)

and a sad dog

Martial art schools show in one of Hong Kong's parks, it is conducted every sunday, but we arrived late sadly

If you are fond of monkeys - The monkey mountain is your choice, there are hundreds of them there, most spying for an easy pray (keep your belongings close to you)

but some sleeping

Wing Chun was the main purpose of our trip, so here's me doing it  :D (the guy in white t-shirt in the background is German, he has been living and working in Hong Kong for 5 years)

our group and master Li

me  :)

From Victoria pik (I wish I had a camera with better optica)

New Year's firework - the was splendid, but to get a better view one has to care about a place some hours before the show begins

Avenue of stars and Bruce Lee

The last day was dedicated to the waterfalls located in the north, it was supposed to be the fast trip, but it took us half of the daytime - the path to the waterfalls lies in a mountain forest and it is narrow and littered with stones - it is very easy to brake a leg. When we just stepped on it we met a group of policemen and a team of rescuers carrying a stratcher with a unconscious girl, so it proved the way was dangerous. But we coped well: the ascent took us two hours, whereas descent only 25 min  :) (we left 4-th waterfall for the next time)

The main waterfall (3rd out of 4; it was where we turned back)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Well, I've been to Honkers, now.  :mrgreen:

Great pics Misha, thanks for sharing.  :hatoff:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
What a brilliant trip that looked to be :goodjob: and thanks for the photos :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wts: Steve pinched my post almost word for word!  :Shocked:

My eldest daughter and her husband were there a few months ago when the protests were still happening.. they didn't see any of that stuff as far as I know...  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal