i30 Owners Club

Just ordered New Michelin tyre's

Lakes · 37 · 11334

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Hey ozsnowman good to see you back ( sorry i was slow ) hey good Wiggy still handling your spirited driving LOL
have you noticed any gain in fuel economy with the Michelin's on?

Hey Lakes! Thanks mate :)
Generally there has been a slight drop in consumption, probably at most 1/5 litre or less per 100km, but I have also been.....ahem....driving a bit more spirited as the grip feels so much better than the original crap :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hey thats great. i have only done just over 1,000k since fitting the 4 michelin's so have not had time to see if economy has improved. but that wet weather grip is fun, i can go away from the lights just like it's dry, also hold a straight line through corners while going hard in the wet. love them!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
i now have 2,000k on the michelin, drove 840k on weekend along the coast, my friend said they are quite .
i could notice just how much of an improvement they are over the original Kumho's. car feels smoother steers better and grips in wet. it was raining a lot when i left friday night. have not worked out fuel economy yet still have 400k left b4 i need to refill.

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Hey Lakes! Thanks mate :)
Generally there has been a slight drop in consumption, probably at most 1/5 litre or less per 100km, but I have also been.....ahem....driving a bit more spirited as the grip feels so much better than the original crap :)

Whoops I just re-read this, just need to note that I meant drop in fuel use here :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
do they help with the horrid axel tramp?
hi Ian, well can you explaine your axle tramp? .... Like i've had Axle tramp in other cars in the past that was that violent it would shock you ( true ) i first experienced Axle tramp, in a GT HO Falcon with fat road race slicks, tyre pressure was too high, the axle tramp was so bad useing full power off the line it shook all the rubbers from between the rear leaf springs out. have not experienced that with the i30, buyt if you give it full power off the lights in wet with these tyres, it will spin it's one drive wheel then the tyre grips quickly and the car launchs strongly no tramp. have not broken traction in the dry, but i have not tryed too, withy the Kumho, i did not have to try and it broke traction badly in wet and, but normal driving not pushing it it was fine.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well, 4,000k and these Mich are a big improvement on what i had, wet weather driving is a big improvement, but still have not noticed a gain in fuel economy, so if there is a gain, it must be very small. still 1,100k between fill up's you don't really need better economy.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal