i30 Owners Club

Hyundai service pricing

tji30 · 45 · 23288

Offline tji30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba

• Toowoomba, Queensland - White i30 SR (at last)
Asked the "Sales Consultant" at the local dealer about pricing of services & she has given me a sheet with pretty much every model of Hyundai in the line for service intervals from 7500km to 82500km. i30 Petrol costs are:

07500 - $125
15000 - $205
22500 - $125
30000 - $380
37500 - $125
45000 - $240
52500 - $125
60000 - $400
67500 - $125
75000 - $205
82500 - $125

Not too bad I'd have to say. It does list the diesel pricing as well but has 2 rows being "diesel/A" & "diesel/M". Don't know what that means.

What is the general consensus on the 7500km service for the Petrol? I believe these just involve changing the oil & oil filter. The Sales Consultant said these were optional & most people don't bother.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
I'd hazard a guess that Diesel A and M are for the transmission........

I just paid $250AUD for my 15k service (CRDi Manual) I think my 7500km was 150ishAUD.

I went with the 7500km service because I wanted a fresh load of oil. I was surprised that it wasn't done at the 1000km......

Regards

Daniel

mickhs
It does list the diesel pricing as well but has 2 rows being "diesel/A" & "diesel/M".

Hi tji30

Would it be possible for you to post the diesels as well please?

Offline tji30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba

I'd hazard a guess that Diesel A and M are for the transmission........

Of course! duh!

I went with the 7500km service because I wanted a fresh load of oil. I was surprised that it wasn't done at the 1000km......

They didn't change the oil at 1000km? I thought that was a standard part of the 1000km service on any vehicle.

Certainly. Diesel service pricing...

A        M
07500 - $200 - $175
15000 - $245 - $240
22500 - $200 - $175
30000 - $495 - $450
37500 - $200 - $175
45000 - $245 - $230
52500 - $200 - $185
60000 - $495 - $450
67500 - $200 - $185
75000 - $245 - $230
82500 - $200 - $185

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Toyota gives my friend a garrantee no service over $150, and its in writting this is a new Hiace Van ( petrol manuel ) i'll tell you something it is much easier to service the i30 than the Hiace.
i think now we have a buyers market were we can pressure for deals, the dealers now recover they costs in service charges. the i30 diesel is one of the easiest cars i have owned to service, everything is easy to get at, just at 30,000 & every 30,000 you change fuel filter ( still easy). shop around.
also the late model Sonata 2.4 we have is hard to get at the oil filter to change it, the i30 filter is a breeze.
cheers
just thought to mention i have and still do inspect the invoice after services and a lot of dealers con or try to, i think they have the invoice pre programed. one dealer i went to with a different brand car used to try to put Wynnes products into the service charges, i got very angry as i told him i do not want my oil flushed out on a near new car as i feel the flush would stay in the sump and delute the new oil, also i told him not aditives or he can drain the oil out. and i would not pay mistery workshop consumables each item needs to be listed they try to get $20 or $30 from workshop consumables, i used to tell him i don't want his wrenchs drinking coke while servicing and charging me for all the coke they drink :)
just how i see it and by the way they took all the charges i did not like off and was around $60

mickhs

Certainly. Diesel service pricing...

A        M
07500 - $200 - $175
15000 - $245 - $240
22500 - $200 - $175
30000 - $495 - $450
37500 - $200 - $175
45000 - $245 - $230
52500 - $200 - $185
60000 - $495 - $450
67500 - $200 - $185
75000 - $245 - $230
82500 - $200 - $185

[/quote]

Thanks very much.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The i30 diesel is one of the easiest cars i have owned to service, everything is easy to get at, just at 30,000 & every 30,000 you change fuel filter

Are you sure it's every 30,000. I went to the local Dealer to buy a fuel filter for my 30,000 service  (the guy in parts who I have known for years said hey are about $130 and they only had one in stock. Was surprised I needed one already) So I checked the service book and to me it looks like almost all Hyundais  including i30 need fuel filter changed at 60,000km.. so I thanked him and went on my way...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

• 1.6 CRDi (84.6 kW) Comfort, Finland
These are our prices in euros:

x1000 km  1.4 petrol  1.6 petrol (automatic)  1.6 CRDi (automatic)  2.0 CRDi
1-2 (opt.)  130          130                            180                           205
20             215          215                            260                          285
40             370          370                            360                          385
60             215          215 (310)                   260 (365)                  285
80             370          370                            360                           400
100           320          320                            282                           310
120           370          370 (465)                   375 (470)                  415
140           260          260                            260                           310
160           370          370                            360                           920

To change these prices into the Australian currency they have to be multiplied with 1.95. To change into the British currency they need to be multiplied with 0.93.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

No dazz i'm not sure, just someone here posted 30,000 must have been miles, sorry mate just look at charge at 30,000, i thought it was a lot longer before filter needs replaceing, unless you get that Algea in your fuel or water in fuel.
i noted one service requires all coolant replaced.
you need to ask dealer service what there hourly rate charges are, then ask the wrenchs that work there what there hourly rate they get payed is ( big difference) then ask what the hourly rate Hyundi pay them for warranty work is. i don't know about Hyundai but a lot of car manufactures pay dealer a much lower rate for warranty work than they charge customers for service work. this is why they will service ( or some will) on weekends but they will never do warranty work weekends. just what i have learnt over the years.
cheers

ps Zombie here that first 1,000 service is free & our service intervals are 1500 with 7500 op

Offline tji30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba

...you need to ask dealer service what there hourly rate charges are, then ask the wrenchs that work there what there hourly rate they get payed is ( big difference) then ask what the hourly rate Hyundi pay them for warranty work is. i don't know about Hyundai but a lot of car manufactures pay dealer a much lower rate for warranty work than they charge customers for service work...

Same in any service company though. I work for an IT Provider (Hardware & Services) & I get paid about $30/hr but get charged out at $200+/hr. We get paid very little for warranty work (HP in this case). The real money is made in labour not hardware sales. We can sell $200,000 worth of hardware & make maybe $3000 to $4000 profit from it.

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
I paid $235 for my 7500km service a few weeks ago.  I've just hit the 10,000km mark this week and I've only had my car since early December.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Pip
I paid $235 for my 7500km service a few weeks ago.  I've just hit the 10,000km mark this week and I've only had my car since early December.

Sounds a lot for what would have only been an oil and filter change.  Get a quote before committing to the 15,000km service and compare to price listed here.  I was quoted $245 for 15,000km of which $67 is oil (I will supply my own).

Also, I'd seek advice on whether continuing the intermediate services is of genuine value to you considering the sort of motoring you are doing.  The dealer's input would be a starting point.  You could almost certainly skip it without any risk of damaging the engine or the warranty.  This statement would be based on ensuring a good oil is used at the 15k intervals and might even influence which oil the dealer uses, if you use his oil.

If you elect to continue services at 7500km intervals you need not worry too much about what oil etc. because you will easily span its life (the dealer would be required to use an oil that meets minimum performance specification).  It's a choice I guess; just pay the (extra) money in the knowledge that you are, if nothing else, giving someone the opportunity to look under your car more often or impose yourself a little more in the maintenance process and make some of the decisions - with the dealer's advice considered - to perhaps save some money.

In either case I would try to get the dealer you choose to charge according to the recommended table - I expect they all have this table but appear to have freedom to charge more (or less  - as if  :rolleyes:).

Offline 130MAN

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Very interesting, I was told from the Hyundai service department that it would cost us $750 for the 80,000km service.    Our car is the Auto 2.0 litre fuel.
So far we only done 920kms

Offline Pikapolonica

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Geelong, Victoria

• 2017 i30 Active 2.0lt in Fiery Red
    • Nessa Losing It...For Good
I travel 120km a day, thus the high KM's already.  It's not the cost of the service, it's the labour that's the doozy.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 PD Active Hatchback in Fiery Red

Pip
I travel 120km a day, thus the high KM's already.  It's not the cost of the service, it's the labour that's the doozy.

The labour is part of the total service cost and is included in the table shown above.  On top of that there may be "extras" as noted by Lakes for topping up various fluids like windscreen washer unless you tell them you don't want anything not listed to be done by the schedule.  You can add stuff to the washer for nix!

They are out to make a profit.  Nothing wrong with that but that's no reason you shouldn't be in control of just what you get and for how much!!!

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

ps Zombie here that first 1,000 service is free & our service intervals are 1500 with 7500 op

Here the optional services are after 10 000 km, but they are not in the price list. They were not recommended in any way, I was even told that it isn't necessary to do those extra services. That's why I'm a bit surprised of many i30 owners here doing services after only 7500 km. Some 25-30 years ago it was necessary to change the oils that often, nowadays 15 000 or 20 000 km is a rather short interval, some cars having even 30 000 km without long-life service systems.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Zombie, depends on conditions you drive under, km traveled is not always an acurate way to measure. as if you are always stuck in traffic and takes you an hour to travel 10km. your motor has done a lot more work than a person that is in the country and is driving at 80kph for one hour.
also extream temps can cause oil breakdown. some need the 7,500 service some don't, but as i have said before i doubt if the warranty would cover a warn out motor, what do you think?

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Damn my 30,000 has just ticked over - now to find $450 :(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Damn my 30,000 has just ticked over - now to find $450 :(

Hi "Oz"

We have been very close in mileage since we got our cars... I'm around 100kms off 30,000 (she turned 1 y/o on 20th of this month)

I will supply my own Castrol Edge sport 5W-30 which cost me around $40 on special (or less? ... I bought it a few months ago) and bought the filter as well for a bit over $20 and expect my Indepenent service centre friends to charge me around $100 labour - or hopefully less..

You don't have a good contact where you are? The dealers only use their apprentices most of the time and charge top $  :twisted:

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

Zombie, depends on conditions you drive under, km traveled is not always an acurate way to measure. as if you are always stuck in traffic and takes you an hour to travel 10km. your motor has done a lot more work than a person that is in the country and is driving at 80kph for one hour.
also extream temps can cause oil breakdown. some need the 7,500 service some don't, but as i have said before i doubt if the warranty would cover a warn out motor, what do you think?

Hi Lakes, I didn't say that nobody needs short service intervals, extra oil changes may be needed under very harsh conditions. I'm just surprised how many does those extra oil changes. What you said is partly true but it's not that straightforward. Also the longevity of modern oils is far (many times) better than a few decades ago. The oils are tested under such harsh condition that are unimaginable in normal life and very unlikely to occur. If the engine were to wear prematurely (with service interval of 15 000 km), it would be the first time I've ever heard of such.

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Well here is a list of what they did at my 15k service.

*Carried out 15k serv as per handbook
*Checked vehicle for outstanding recall or service campaigns
*Replaced engine oil & oil filter
*Checked all fluid levels & topped up as required
*Inspected Air filter element
*Inspected cooling system including radiator and hose
*Checked power steering pump and hoses
*Checked battery terminals & wiring for security or damage
*Inspected fuel system lines & connections
*Inspected Manual Transaxle oil
*Inspected brake system for component wear and leaks
*Inspected brake lines and hoses
*Inspected exhaust system for signs of wear or damage
*Inspected suspension & steering components for damage/wear
*Checked parking brake adjustment and operation
*Checked air con system operation
*Inspected seat belts
*Checked lights, wiper/washers, horn &electrical systems
Checked condition & pressure of all tyres including spare (considering my boot had stuff in it I'm not sure if they did, but I don't mind, also rotated wheels fronts are now at 7mm, rear at 6mm)
*Checked and lubricated hood latch, safety catch and hinges
*Carried out full scan tool test of all systems (which is why it's believed my SGII has gone back to displaying incorrect LOD and L/100Km data)
*Performed genuine fuel system treatment
*Road tested vehicle and reported any defects (they revved the car out to 3500rpm according to the SGII, 2-3 drive, probably just reached maccas in that distance.........  :lol: :lol:)

Now for costings

Labour (for about 2hrs work)       = $124.86
Gasket drain plug                        = $3.53
Fuel injector cleaner                     = $10.71
Oil filter (CRDi i30)                       = $26.63
Engine oil (ACEA B4)
5W-40 Synthetic                         = $45.45 (it was closer to 40 at the 7500......??????)
Waste removal and environmental = $11 (dirty carpets?  :lol: )
Shop supplies and
consumables                               = $6 (there's your cokes Lakes)

Total after GST = $251 (before 228.18)

Offline tji30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Toowoomba

Well here is a list of what they did at my 15k service.

*Carried out 15k serv as per handbook
*Checked vehicle for outstanding recall or service campaigns
*Replaced engine oil & oil filter
*Checked all fluid levels & topped up as required
*Inspected Air filter element
*Inspected cooling system including radiator and hose
*Checked power steering pump and hoses
*Checked battery terminals & wiring for security or damage
*Inspected fuel system lines & connections
*Inspected Manual Transaxle oil
*Inspected brake system for component wear and leaks
*Inspected brake lines and hoses
*Inspected exhaust system for signs of wear or damage
*Inspected suspension & steering components for damage/wear
*Checked parking brake adjustment and operation
*Checked air con system operation
*Inspected seat belts
*Checked lights, wiper/washers, horn &electrical systems
*Checked condition & pressure of all tyres including spare (considering my boot had stuff in it I'm not sure if they did, but I don't mind, also rotated wheels fronts are now at 7mm, rear at 6mm)
*Checked and lubricated hood latch, safety catch and hinges
*Carried out full scan tool test of all systems (which is why it's believed my SGII has gone back to displaying incorrect LOD and L/100Km data)
*Performed genuine fuel system treatment
*Road tested vehicle and reported any defects (they revved the car out to 3500rpm according to the SGII, 2-3 drive, probably just reached maccas in that distance.........  :lol: :lol:)
er GST = $251 (before 228.18)

I was told that at 15000k's they'd also do the blinker & headlight fluid. Maybe that's covered in "Checked all fluid levels & topped up as required"

Pip
I was told that at 15000k's they'd also do the blinker & headlight fluid. Maybe that's covered in "Checked all fluid levels & topped up as required"

Of course it is! What in "all fluid levels" can't you understand?

I'd also expect the whiffer spring in the seraget box to be re-calibrated.

Seriously... $45 for dealer supplied oil is very cheap; hope it's good stuff.  My guy said he'd take $67 off if I supplied my own oil, suggesting he is either very generous or was using better oil than your guy.  He said he would otherwise use Castrol 10w40 and pointed to a 44 gallon drum.  I didn't ask exactly what it was as I propose to supply my own anyway but he did say they use "much better oil" in diesels than petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

When I got the 15000 service done at my dealer they only took $40 off the agreed price for the oil I supplied.. (which just happens to be what it cost me on special) 

I know for a fact they would have charged me more than that if I hadn't supplied my own...

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Hi Lakes, I didn't say that nobody needs short service intervals, extra oil changes may be needed under very harsh conditions. I'm just surprised how many does those extra oil changes. What you said is partly true but it's not that straightforward. Also the longevity of modern oils is far (many times) better than a few decades ago. The oils are tested under such harsh condition that are unimaginable in normal life and very unlikely to occur. If the engine were to wear prematurely (with service interval of 15 000 km), it would be the first time I've ever heard of such.

Zombie how many kilometers would a normal car that has service intervals 15,000k and over have up when it is sold?

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
You don't have a good contact where you are? The dealers only use their apprentices most of the time and charge top $  :twisted:
Hiya Dazz. Nah I dont know of a good service centre, but I'm hoping for a good deal from my dealer - my 15K service only cost me $193-ish, whereas the post above got charged $251, and the official pricing further up was $240, so if I go by this, I might be pleasantly surprised. The benefits of a country dealer is all I can say :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

my 15K service only cost me $193-ish,

That sounds pretty good if they supplied the oil...

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

Zombie how many kilometers would a normal car that has service intervals 15,000k and over have up when it is sold?
I don't see a point in your question. If this is a try to get some material for an ad hoc hypothesis, I don't want to uphold this conversation.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
no, i'm just saying if you keep a car 100,000k or less would not realy matter how often or not you change but if your planing high k's can show up before 200,000. just not sure what average K's would be when sold there here i would guess average private owner would be less than 80,000, someone like Bob would do far more K's i would probably do less than 100,000k myself but i drive a lot of k's just not in the i30.
hope you understand what i'm saying?

Offline Zombie

• 2nd Gear

The deviation is so high that there is no sense in throwing guesses.

I've driven a '90 Honda Accord which had nearly 400 000 km on it, oil changes were done after 15000-20000 km. And the driving conditions were pretty rough too. The oil consumption was zero. Absolutely no signs of wearing.

I understand what you are saying but it is very difficult to find any proof to your claims. Some 30-40 years ago an engine might show signs of wearing after 100 000 - 200 000 km if the oils were not changed after a few thousand kilometers but it's not the case today.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal