i30 Owners Club

Steering column check after replacement...

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
...so sterring column was replaced last month and since then the steering is very light & does not weight up well, we have another i30 & the steering is as mine used to be prior to column replacement.
Spoke to dealer they said this is to be expected as new column has been calibrated !!! surely it should have the same feel, anyway I mentioned over i30 & they have agreed to check it out, we keep you posted.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Glad to hear your gonna get it checked out...   will be interested to hear what they say  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
When I first got my car I said to the dealer that the steering was moving slightly to the left and just assummed it was the camber of the road.

Techi went out, pluged a gizmo in and returned minutes later.  On the way home the car didn't move to the left and has driven near perfect straight line since. 

From what I can remember I didn't feel any different.

PS have you checked the tyre pressure to see what you currently have and compare to manufacturers rec as this can make a difference to the feel.

Also did they rotate your tyres, back to front, as tyres with more tread may cause a slight difference
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Might be worth disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. EPS light will be on. Start car, turn steering all the way to the left then all the way to the right. Switch car off and back on again. then test it.

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Tyres not rotated & pressure is correct.
Will hold off on the battery thing, and let the dealer sort.
Cheers guys.

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Dealer checked & confirmed tracking needs to be re done & sterring wheel off centre, so car booked in to have this sorted & they also heard the dash rattles & these should also be sorted.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Dealer checked & confirmed tracking needs to be re done & sterring wheel off centre, so car booked in to have this sorted & they also heard the dash rattles & these should also be sorted.

:goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

excellent news  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline sootytorques

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Tracking adjusted & steering wheel no longer off centre, problem resolved.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Now we are getting somewhere.. at this rate we might be able to change your moniker to sootysmiles soon  :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal