i30 Owners Club

Cruise Control

Zippyl · 8 · 3343

Offline Zippyl

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
2011 hyundai i30 Cruise Control does not engage after ESP repair. The ESP would not stay on and that was repaired by Ryde Motor Group Sydney. Now that has been repaired the cruise control will not engage. The car is a 2 litre Trophy, petrol, manual model.
The initial ESP repair was critical as it was possible that the brake lights would not light up on braking, a dangerous prospect.
It works but the cruise does not and it was fine before. The dealer is awaiting parts? since February 2013 and Hyundai Australia does not answer mail.
Any idea on what I can do about it?
  • Hyundai i30 Elite

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
There has been a few posts on here about cc problems due to the brake switch being replaced and not being compatable.

Could this be part of the problem?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
2011 hyundai i30 Cruise Control does not engage after ESP repair. The ESP would not stay on and that was repaired by Ryde Motor Group Sydney. Now that has been repaired the cruise control will not engage. The car is a 2 litre Trophy, petrol, manual model.
The initial ESP repair was critical as it was possible that the brake lights would not light up on braking, a dangerous prospect.
It works but the cruise does not and it was fine before. The dealer is awaiting parts? since February 2013 and Hyundai Australia does not answer mail.
Any idea on what I can do about it?
My dealer fitted one of the original switches, pending receipt of the revised, updated switch.
All good. Go back and tell them it's not good enough.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Zippyl

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Thankyou for the help. Someone suggested the wrong switch was fitted. I rang the dealer advising them of this. Surprise, the part arrived yesterday and I have booked in for repair next week. They had not gotten around to informing me as yet?
Will let you know how it turns out. I guess all dealerships are the same?
  • Hyundai i30 Elite

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
This is a good thing 'Zip, because it shows the dealer that you are informed about what is required. My dealer doesn't give me BS answers, because they know that I am usually already informed from this site. I went in yesterday and asked if they specifically had the CC brake switch for the recall, before they touch our car. :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I've posted up the 2 part #s in another thread,brake light switch with cruise and without.  :winker:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Lucky I read this thread, as I'll be getting my 45k service very soon & I use cc a lot on trips .
I notice now I'm rarely useing the brake, that u need to use it to activate cc.

Offline SandRsSR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Guildford, Western Australia
We had our switch replaced in April and had to go without cruise control for 2 months. We were waiting for the dealer to contact us and let us know when the new switch was available so I finally rang them as we had a trip coming up and they said they now had the part. The job has been done and all is OK. I received no paperwork but found a plastic bag in the car with this part number 93810 3KROCQQH and assume that is the new one.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal