i30 Owners Club

random starting problems i30 sedan

Offline jennie-jo

• 1st Gear
Hello, apologies for any incorrect procedures, but I've looked and just cant reply to a related post - I am hoping that it has been closed.

- at random times my car just won't start. it has been to Hyundai 3 times and they say they can't find any problems.
My query is, has anyone else had the same problem solved. And was it the "key chip receiver in the car [that] was faulty"?
My warranty runs out next month and I am hoping to get this sorted before then  :)

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Jennie

Problem as written in previous post under The i30 Owners Club » PROBLEMS & ISSUES » PETROL  » Major mechanical faults with I30 Sc

"put the key in the ignition, and try and start it but it just wouldn't go! NRMA checked everything over, and they couldn't fault it! They suggested it was a fault in the security system (maybe the clutch switch??). ...  they couldn't find anything wrong either! ...  Anyway, Tweed Hyundai finally figured out that the key chip receiver in the car was faulty and would only work every now and then. This has since been replaced and we have not had a problem since! However, over the 2 months that it was happening, we were starting to get quite disgusted with Hyundai and were at our "wits-end" when they kept saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it!
  • hyundai i30 sedan 2010

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hi Jennie.

I do not know where you are located???

However, I am reasonably confident that since you have raised the issue BEFORE the warranty expires and keep it LIVE, they will have to honour it as a warranty issue.

Have you shown the Hy guy the printout you have posted here????

Good luck  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 13:16:21 by The Gonz »

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
HI jennie-jo welcome to the i30 club. :welcum:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome: JJ. Good luck with the warranty issue. Keep us posted on progress. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Greetings, jennie-jo

Have you tried both keys to start the vehicle.

If the security system is faulty, there could be a fault code stored in the ECU which the dealer's can read. Failing that, I would be pressing them on the issue that the key lock itself or the engine immobilizer is faulty. The main thing is to get your complaints properly registered b4 warranty expires.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc: :wts:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Jennie

:wttc:

Is it the same key that gives you the troubles every time..?  If so, Try to use the other key for a period,  just to find out if this problem exists with both keys.

• i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal