i30 Owners Club

2010 Hyundai i30 1.6L Automatic Gearbox Problem

Offline emretiras

• 1st Gear

• tr Turkey
      Antalya
Hey there everyone

Had a 2010 Hyundai i30 1.6L petrol, automatic gearbox. Used for a while and a problem showed up. When you cold start the car and drive for 8-9 miles, it breaks down with down shifting 4 to 1 and locking up the tires for just a one second and then car stuck at 3rd gear. Engine light shows up. Stop the car and push the pedal; doesnt matter. It stays 3rd gear. Turn ignition off and on again, engine light still on but the car perfectly shifting until 3rd gear, when it shifts 4th gear, it stuck again on 3rd. If you use it in 3rd, it perfectly up and down shifts. The situation is this.

What I've done is; opened up whole transmission, nothing seems wrong, changed the oil, changed the valve body (brand new), dtc says; P0760 Shift solenoid 'c' valve; still the same. Please help up if you know something
  • 2010 i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcum:

Sorry to hear about your problem. There have been quite a few valve body problems with the 4 speed Auto, but because the UK and Australia have a 5 year warranty most have been fixed F.O.C. by the dealer.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Most owners would take the car to an auto repair shop.

As you haven't, I assume you have made the repairs yourself. It sounds like the fault code is still stored in the car computer and this may need to be cleared using the appropriate equipment and procedure.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline emretiras

• 1st Gear

• tr Turkey
      Antalya
I'm a repairman already :) and thanks for comments. I can also clear the codes by myself but it's showing up 8-9 miles later. I really would like to go to a dealer and use warranty, but the car is out of warranty and hyundai service keeps charging. I guess I should order new valve body from the dealer. The valve body that I replaced was not original I guess.. If I be able to solve the problem, keep you guys update, and if anybody know about this, or heard about this, please comment and help. Thanks.
  • 2010 i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quite a bit of discussion about it on here... Genuine valve body is very expensive!  :sweating:

Offline emretiras

• 1st Gear

• tr Turkey
      Antalya
Original valve body that i asked from dealer had come, and tried it. Still the same issue.. It was like something or somebody messin with me, then I ordered brand new wiring harness of valve body from the same dealer that i ordered valve body before, there it is, solution of the problem. Thanks for help, I hope this update will save the fortune spending on i30 transmission issues like this
  • 2010 i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Original valve body that i asked from dealer had come, and tried it. Still the same issue.. It was like something or somebody messin with me, then I ordered brand new wiring harness of valve body from the same dealer that i ordered valve body before, there it is, solution of the problem. Thanks for help, I hope this update will save the fortune spending on i30 transmission issues like this

:ta:  :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal