i30 Owners Club

ECU chip issue 2 litre petrol/manual 2008 model

gw · 4 · 2032

Offline gw

• 2nd Gear
I'm thinking about updating my car soon and my only complaint with this one is that it jerks and hesitates everytime when you first drive off because of the way the ECU chip is programmed.Athough I've gotten used to it ,it's really annoying and I won't be buying another i30 if Hyundai don't fix or improve this problem.I could buy an automatic instead but where I live there is'nt a lot of traffic and besides I prefer to drive manuals anyway.Hyundai have told me that they can't do anything about it.I contacted several chip tuners and all of them said that they could'nt retune my car and even If they could it would cost a lot of money so if I did get it done then it would be pointless updating my car .You'd think that Hyundai would manufacture an upgraded ECU chip for the manual i30s. gw

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
Hi GW, I have the 2010 2Ltr petrol cw. I am not finding that problem with my car.

Offline Gibber

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Yorkshire

• 1.4 Comfort.
Hi,

I thought you had a problem other than the ecu? Something to do with engine knock and engine mounts as stated in another thread.

Sent from my HTC Desire
  • 1.4 Comfort 2009

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :confused:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal