i30 Owners Club

i30 GD Diesel - Clutch system / Gear change issue

gthe · 2 · 1250

Offline gthe

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Belfast
Hi all,

i am driving a RHD i30 GD 2014 Diesel 1.6 in UK. My car has 60K miles. I am having the usual issue with the low clutch bite point and the diffuculty in changing gears, especially the 1st/2nd and reverse when the weather is warm (in winter, gear change is much easier). When i have A/C on, the issue get even worst.

I have read all the topics here about the clutch damper, the master cylinder etc. Today i took the car to a garage and ask them to inspect for clutch fluid leakage, change fluid and bleed to check if i got lucky and resolve the issue. Didn't happen. So the garage is proposing now to remove the gearbox, reveal the clutch system and start checking. They quoted me 4h of labor for removing the gearbox (around 200 pounds) or 400 all in for removing the gearbox and installing a new clutch kit. They told me that the master/slave cylinder cannot be checked without removing the gearbox in this car.

So i am trying to decide my next move. Can you confirm me if the master/slave cylinder can be checked in reasonable labor time without removing the gearbox or this is actual the case?
I am afraid of the case that a clutch kit replacement will not resolve the issue.

I am not a confident DIY in cars and i don't have the tools to do any test in my own unfortunately

• i30 GD Diesel

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
But, from what you say, you/they did not do the damper delete. Why?  :crazy1:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal