i30 Owners Club

not a problem but.

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Hi guys

i just wondering if any guys have a good advice... u see when it rains and i wipe the windscreen with the wipers... it seems like the "blades" r collecting 1/3  of the water it just wiped and drags it back to the field of view making it hard to "see" whats going on... hope it makes any sense... the blades r not very old.. tops 6 months and they also did it as brand new. i just though it might go away when they got abit worn down.. oh BTW.. the speed I'm driving when this happents is like 60km/h and up..

i also experiences " dots" on the windscreen after each wipes... varies in sizes and shapes.  its like something is "glued" to the windscreen and is only visible when u wipe and 5-10sec after..... this most occur in the field of view... been trying to wash it with all kind of products to clean but no luck so far  :neutral:

any ideas would be helpful.

cheers  :D

Offline Myowni30

• 5th Gear

• Midlands, UK
I have a problem when the wipers come to the full travel across the screen it have left a mark and the wipers blade makes a scraping noise as they change direction. Its as though there is wax on the screen that has been pushed by the blades to the end of the stroke.

Tried using some Autoglym screen polish to remove it. Was okay for the first 5 mins, then it has done the same thing again. Bought some meths, cleaned the whole screen with that, still not made any difference.

At a loss as what to try next  :rolleyes:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Get to your local car accesory shop and try some Rain-X or equivalent.  I bought a German one in Lidl (discount German supermarket) and think it is the best thing since sliced bread.  I drove from Edinburgh to Aberdeen in heavy rain at night without the wipers on, only needed to use them when I got into Aberdeen city and was going too slow for the water beads to dissipate :cool: :cool:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've had over 25 cars and never really been happy with the wipers on any of them.. seem to get noisy and squeally fairly quickly. Not having the issues some of you mentioned but they only just do the job!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hey dpo Zhangster,

You have the single blade silicone strips so they should  be smooth and operate quietly & flawlessly. Give the silicone a wipe along the "blade" and also treat your glass to a vinegar wash.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
Get to your local car accesory shop and try some Rain-X or equivalent.  I bought a German one in Lidl (discount German supermarket) and think it is the best thing since sliced bread.  I drove from Edinburgh to Aberdeen in heavy rain at night without the wipers on, only needed to use them when I got into Aberdeen city and was going too slow for the water beads to dissipate :cool: :cool:

Great product! I am very satisfied with it also!
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal