i30 Owners Club

im the happy owner of DAS (BLUE) BOOT!

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
hello guys...

a few days ago i noticed that my dirt mats in the passager side was completly soaked.... it had been raining really hard the same morning...  and i was wondering if i forgot to shut the door probably or the window it self... but the weird part was that when it was raining i was in the car.. and i didt noticed anything... with that amount of water u would notice it was coming the door/windows...   anyway i had appointment with my local dealership a few days after this incindent orcurred .. when i arrived at the dealership i desided to be kinda cheaky......( even this visit pissed me off in the first place ill explain later down)...... with the foreman asking him if he wanted to buy some gold fish... right of the tank.. all he had to do was to go grab em him self in my car...   we took at look at it and he was convinced i was a retard simply forgetting to shut my windows.. but he promished to take a look at it....    anyway... a few weeks back i started to noticed some clonks and other weird noises when  turning the steering wheel...   it felt like it came from the steering column,,, and they checked,, and tighted up some nuts and bolts... and told me it all good...  the day i picked it after they "fixed" it... still in the parking lot    (didt move the car )  .. i could still feel those clonks and hear the noises.. so i rushed in again and told em they have fixed nothing... and they was like : oooooh that noise... i was so pissed i could have punched him the face... most becuz they had the car for 2 days.. for nothing.... in the end they gave me this appointment and would like to change the whole steering column... which they also did....   at the same time as the clonks appeared.. my turbo charger was  making some high pitch sounds and only 6 months ago they changed some gaskets in the turbo to fix this problem.... and they did it again this time to...  in the proccess of this.. the exhaust was so hard melted/rusted together with the charger he had to us a blow touch to free em. in process the mechanic accidently
melted  some of my front bumper paint and part of the grill...(they repainted my bumper and changed the grill) extending my car visit at the garage! aaargh..  :censored:
back to das boot.... i called the foreman the day after they got it and wanted to hear how it was going.. once again i was trying to be cheaky and not cranky... :-) asking him how the far he was with installing my sonar?... he said he was done with that and he also had installed a 40mm flak cannon..free of charge ofcuz ..... kinda funny. :rofl:
the mechanic had tracked down the issue and it was hose from the condenser running somwhere in the dashboad that was somehow came off.. letting all the water into the car.
but in the end all was fixed.... but what a bumpy road it was...

how is everyone doing anyway? havent been on for a long time :)

Z.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Daniel that was so funny :lol:

Thanks for the update :goodjob:

sonar, goldfish :rofl: you Danes are crazy people :rofl:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wacko:

Glad you got it all fixed in the end Daniel!!
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Daniel... Great story..

Lucky I got my "friend" Princess Mary to pull your hose off... or we would never have seen you... :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :goodjob: lucky that your car didn't burn to the ground.  :sweating: how did they remove the water?  :rolleyes:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal