i30 Owners Club

Question about the 2014 SR

Offline I30Newby

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Illawarra
Hi everyone

I am really considering purchasing my first car.
Which could be a 2014 Hyundai I30 SR MY14 with about 142,000k's on the clock.
Or
2013 Hyundai Accent Manual Active with about 94,000k's

I have driven an I30 briefly, unsure of the year or the exact model. But seemed really nice and smooth.
A friend of mine purchased a 2013 i30 SR Manual and only had one issue since purchasing. Something happened with the steering that started making scrapping noises? But was eventually fixed as she is a machenic. Think it was a steering column issue?

Thought I'd ask Here with other owners, which option should I go for?

I do like the look of the SR, plus it has the panoramic sunroof aswell.

As this will be my first car purchase, I'm about to go on my P's in the next couple of months. I'm unsure on what I should be going for.
I'm looking to spend about $12,000-$14,000 and want something that's going to last me a few years and eventually trips interstate from NSW to Vic and maybe QLD.

I do like Hyundai's and everyone around this area all seem to have them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to get something, that could eventually screw me over with issues.
Both cars I've looked at are from car dealerships and all log books show servicing on time and no hidden accidents or any other issues, as I've done checks on both cars. I like to be vigilant before making a purchase like this!

I am leaning towards the SR model model as it is a gun metal grey colour.
  • 2014 I30 SR Manual MY14

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, it's a very personal choice and I can't advise the pros and cons of those models but just reading your post, you've decided on the SR for a few very good reasons. I'm not going to give you any reason not to go for it.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline I30Newby

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Illawarra
I may have changed my mind 😅😅

Im actually now considering getting a 2013 Veloster SR turbo 😅 as they are p plate legal.. I understand the turbo and know not to go overboard and full rev to blow the turbo, I ain't dealing with the cost of replacing one of those!
I know someone who owned a turbo and know the hassle they can be at times. As the persons blown twice on them, but think it was the car they owned that made it happen as they are renowned for it!

Question, should I stick with my original and go the i30 SR or go with the veloster SR turbo now.

Both have pretty good reviews and the veloster seems to be better and more fuel efficient aswell, which is a bonus..
As it's something I will be driving for atleast 3 years, while I do the Red/Green P plate process. Thanks NSW for not being like other states, especially when I'm near 40 years old! And have to stay on the for 3 years unfortunately.

The car has just a touch over 100k's, the log book is all good and services have been on time. I ren a rego/VIN check and this car doesn't have the fault recall either, guessing this model wasn't effected or the issue was fixed by a previous owner.

I know it could come down to personal feel of the car and choice, but seeing what the opinions are if I was to go with the veloster of the I30
  • 2014 I30 SR Manual MY14

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
My feel is that it's the practicality of the i30 or the style statement of the Veloster. Do you want to carry things in it or just cruise the streets? Again, your choice.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal