i30 Owners Club

Black dots on my metallic red i30 !!

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
Hello Amazing People in the group,

One question, I have seen black dots on my car (metallic red i30), when I scratch it with my nail , they goes away but does not go in hand wash or machine wash.

I wonder what are they? Are they road carbon which flies and get stuck? Do everyone sees this? And any material which I could use which helps me in removing them rather than scratching them ?

Thanks
Richi
  • Hyndai i30 Premium, Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You are too kind! :goodjob:

Most likely to be tar thrown up from recent road repairs. I got a lot on my white car recently and found degreaser spray and WD 40 both worked a treat without harming the paint. I then used a bit of waterless wash and wax to take the oily residue off...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
When I saw hello amazing people I thought I had better reply.  :snigger: Sorry I have no idea what the black dots are but the amazing Dazzle could be right.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If you live / park in a industrial area it is probably industrial pollution.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Most likely it is either road grime, or pollution (fuel residue).  I would get rid of it with a detailing clay bar.

I know that this link is for an Australian site, but you should be able to get something similar. 

:link: QUIK CLAY DETAILING SYSTEM ? Meguiar's ? Australia

Offline RichiJun

• 2nd Gear

• se Sweden
      Stockholm
p.s: My impression of people has increased with each question I kept in this group :) I get wonderful replies with lot of technicalities explained.

I will buy on weekend any one of the product mentioned by you, and let you know. Only one thing, some of marks are on fiber front just below the metal bonnet, hope it does not damage it . Just checking as it is not metal but fiber.

/Richi
  • Hyndai i30 Premium, Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
WD 40 (the same as RP 7) or Degreaser spray are both harmless to auto paint or fiber/plastic car parts... They are also quite good at making bugs easier to remove and over here degreaser in particular can be bought cheaply from Auto accessory shops (around $2 or $3 a can)  :happydance:

like this...

:link: Export Degreaser - 400g - Supercheap Auto
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal