i30 Owners Club

Power wire from the battery into the boot, subwoofer in 2014 i30

Johna · 2 · 1370

Offline Johna

• 1st Gear

• no Norway
Has anyone here done the same thing? I have installed an aftermarket Pioneer unit and it looks and sounds lovely (better sound from speakers). I want to install a subwoofer in my trunk, i have ordered a JBL Basspro 12. Only thing i need to do is to pull the power wire. But where? I cant see any grommets or places where i believe i can pull a cable through. Do i need to take apart some of the interior? Behind the glove box or somewhere else? I am in Norway and we drive on the right side of the road if that matters, steering wheel is on the left side of the car

If anyone have done this, and have pictures or even some advice i would be very happy to hear from you. Thanks in advance!
  • 2014 i30 CRDi

Offline mrexcitement

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I ran 0 gauge from my battery to the interior of the car.

Remove left wheel , remove plastic inner guard wheel arch lining  , down on the edge near the door is a large grommet that is unused.

I drilled a hole in this grommet to fit my cable , feed cable through grommet hole , this then pops out behind the left side kick panel.

Remove left side kick panel and you should see the cable to pull through.

So my cable runs from battery , goes to the left of the battery at the bottom , goes in the left wheel arch between plastic inner guard and metal guard through to grommet , through hole in grommet to be behind the left side kick panel.

Not sure if it will be on the same side with yours as our steering wheel is on the right side of the car , so maybe opposite for you.

Oops just noticed you have a 2014 , this is for an FD 2010 so not sure if it will be the same.
  • 2010 FD WAGON ,DIESEL 1.6, AUTO, SKY BLUE

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal