i30 Owners Club

Servicing Query 62 plate 1.6 CRDi

Eggman · 8 · 3328

Offline Eggman

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Weston super Mare

• 2012 i30 1.6 CRDi Blue Drive Active GD
Hi all, have recently purchased an 2012/62 I30 1.6 CRDI and have a query regarding servicing. 
The first entry in the service book is stamped in the 12 month (interim maintenance check) box and is dated 13/03/14 on 14,679 miles. The car is currently on 17,400 miles.  Please can you advise when it next requires a service in order to maintain the Hyundai warranty? The dealer told me 2 years or 20k from the first service stamp but after reading the service book I'm unsure.

Thanks
  • i30 1.6 Crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcum:

I think the consensus on here is 12 months or 20,000 whichever comes first (it is 15,000kms or 12 months in Australia) so us colonials always feel a bit uneasy about your longer service intervals over there... It is prudent (and cheap "insurance" to bring them in a bit) IMHO...

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
 :wlcome01: Eggman,Like Dazz I'm a convict,I to have never understood the servicing periods you have over there,personally I would be mortified if I left ANY of my cars that long before a service,but general rule of thumb is Millage or time,like Dazz said which ever one comes first,used oil does degrade even when not being used.

Service is far different over here,the Missus and I bought two 2011's(in 2011)the initial services on both where at 1000K's(625 miles)
Then to keep our warranty we must have the cars services at 15,000 K intervals (9375 miles)
We can choose too,do interim services which is just oil and oil filter at 7500K intervals(4687.5 miles)and a good visual check of the vehicles, I personally choose do do this,some may think this is overservicing,but I do a lot of Highspeed country driving,plus use my cars for towing,I have only missed one interim service on one of our cars,simple reason I got lazy and also forgot.

Even forty odd years ago when we did use milage as a service period,any vehicle's I had,whether car,truck or Motorcycle,was never left any longer than 5000 miles

All I can really advise here is do a search of the servicing section and speak to some of the English members,I would certainly hope that your dealer would notsteer you  in the wrong direction,if they are a reputable dealer,if this was the case I would say you would have legal rights to take action against them and or Hyundai if they are a registered Hyundai dealer,in the case of a warranty claim,but in the three years and 110,000 K (68,750 miles ) we have been driving ours we have had very few and very minor (in my opinion) warranty claims,most being on the first car we bought and to be honest I think they were in direct relation to an accident I had in it when it was four days old,Hyundai never disputed any of the warranty fixes.

Please let us know what you find out  :goodjob2:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Hello Eggman.

I am sure someone with a more recent car will be along to advise you shortly, in the meantime.

I have a 2010 edition model and my car has been serviced at twelve monthly intervals.  If I bought a NEW Hy, which is on my mind to do, I would defo stick to twelve monthly at the very least...

Just my two pen'orth   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

However, there will be better info to come for you :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
This topic has been covered in detail as i recall even hy uk didn't know the correct information to provide to owners.

If i find i'll post link
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Eggman

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Weston super Mare

• 2012 i30 1.6 CRDi Blue Drive Active GD
Thanks, I've read the service book several times but I'm still not sure lol.
I've also emailed Hyundai UK so will post back here when I get a reply from them.
  • i30 1.6 Crdi

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral