i30 Owners Club

30,000 km service price - GD i30

Rodin · 13 · 5760

Offline Rodin

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi all,

Just wanted to get some idea on the cost of my service coming up in about 2,500 km - I have a 2012 GD i30 auto diesel. My car doesn't fall under capped price servicing as it was originally sold about two months before Hyundai brought that in...  :blubber:

I've done an online quote with Lubemobile - $609.13...yikes! I'm hoping it's not that much, but at least by asking now I'll have time to save for it if it is

If the dealer isn't much more expensive, I'd probably lean that way but I'm not holding my breath! Any suggestions?
  • 2016 GD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6L, auto, red

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hi all,

Just wanted to get some idea on the cost of my service coming up in about 2,500 km - I have a 2012 GD i30 auto diesel. My car doesn't fall under capped price servicing as it was originally sold about two months before Hyundai brought that in...  :blubber:

I've done an online quote with Lubemobile - $609.13...yikes! I'm hoping it's not that much, but at least by asking now I'll have time to save for it if it is

If the dealer isn't much more expensive, I'd probably lean that way but I'm not holding my breath! Any suggestions?
Be interested to see what others have to say here but I doubt the dealer service would be as much as $600.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Get prices for the filters and oil, then Get your dealer to quote for the service. It should be under $600, as we've never paid that much. After the dealer quotes, ask them for a reviewed quote with you supplying all the necessary parts, as in filters and oil. Filters I get from eBay or local suppliers, being careful to order the correct part numbers and oil I purchase form motor accessory shops when on special. It costs a few bucks, but is ultimately cheaper than paying the dealer marked up price for their oil & filters. I prefer to use genuine Hyundai parts, but other members here use Ryco and other equivalents. Apparently, the warranty is unaffected by substituting, but for me it's an argument with Hy that I never want to have.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Hi, Have just had our 2 year service done @ local dealer (odo was only 23K)
Cost us $448.40 & included an iCare Map upgrade & another 12 months roadside coverage.

Also had my annual whinge about missing out on fixed price ($210) by 1 week, but they just shrugged as they normally do  :'(
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi, Have just had our 2 year service done @ local dealer (odo was only 23K)
Cost us $448.40 & included an iCare Map upgrade & another 12 months roadside coverage.

Also had my annual whinge about missing out on fixed price ($210) by 1 week, but they just shrugged as they normally do  :'(
Have you tried comparing prices to Ultra Tune :link: Ultra Tune Auto Service Centres - Car Servicing, Vehicle Handbook Servicing, 24 Hour Roadside Assist, Affordable warranty is unaffected.

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Hi Craig,

Thought about getting it done by our local mechanic, but was having a few issues with the media unit & GPS was acting a bit strange so decided to go with dealer for this one.

We do normally use a local guy for all our other vehicles.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Going from memory,30.000,is all filters,oil,brake fluid and coolant,I got a quote from JH's in Welshpool at the time and it was just under a $1000,I said what if I supply the consumables,the service girl could give me an answer she just said take the price of the filters off
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
30000km service on 2012> will be oil filter and brake fluid. I'll have to double check tomorrow on Diesel filter. On <2012 it was included in the 30k but the schedules all changed for 2012> and I know some Diesel filters went to 60k but it may be the vans. If I remember I'll try and get a service price also.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
Seems like cars sold in your place are not expensive, but service is not cheap. :p
According to dealer's plan here, 30K service is around US$226, but I think our car price is higher than yours, perhaps because our market is too small. Fuel filter not included, because it is scheduled to be replaced at 20K, 40K, 60K...

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
The Hyundai uncapped price for the 30k service was quoted (in 2013) for the GD i30 Diesel at $597.69. I have looked in the service manual, and it doesn't appear as though much is actually done (in my opinion and interpretation) to warrant such an exorbitant price.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I didn't get a chance to get a price but can confirm Oil, Oil Filter, Brake Fluid and Diesel Filter are the items on the service.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Rodin

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
So I finally got time to do a bit of digging around with Hyundai dealers and came up with three prices - I'll call them Dealers A, B & C to simplify things
A $640, B $600, C $530-550

However, using Phil's trick of asking for a reduced quote if I supply all the oil and filters, the order changed somewhat...
A $310, B $225, C $280-300

Not surprisingly I booked in at Dealer B! It's interesting to see the price differences in the parts/fluids and the labour components of the service, each dealer seems to make their money in different ways...

Thanks for the tip Phil, I'll do it this way from now on!  :goodjob2:
  • 2016 GD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6L, auto, red

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Glad it worked for you.  :goodjob2:

It does make one wonder though, why is there such a difference when the supplied parts are the same for each dealer.  :question:

Dealer B's price is $375 less than their original quote.  :exclaim: :faint:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal