i30 Owners Club

Hyundai oz announces lifetime capped priced servicing for old and new cars

pidim · 44 · 12128

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

$245 for my upcoming 75,000 service and $925 for the 90,000 (including timing belt).

I called the local Hyundai service centre today to get the price of a 90,000 service for the girlfriends 99 excel but they told me they don't have that information yet and would call me when they know but if $925 or anywhere close to it is going to be the price then that is just ridiculous  :faint: my local mechanic says he could do the timing belt for $375 plus $180 for the full service.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I know that Dazz and that's the conversation I had with JH Hyundai with my last car.
I pointed that out to them but they wouldn't drop the price, despite having told me that the reason the price was so high was because my diesel needed a timing belt replacement.   :rolleyes:
It's well documented on this forum.
$755 for the diesel 90k service.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline plasticphyte

• 4th Gear
  • Bazinga!

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Bazinga!
Confirmed via twitter that this applies to ALL vehicles regardless of purchase type, so fleet purchases get the same capped plan.
  • i30 Premium 2012 1.6l Diesel

Offline Delray

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Derrimut
Thats really a pro-active step by Hyundai right there :goodjob2:  On the negative side I haven't seen a general recall /alert notice yet for the cold start /rough idle problem my 2013 auto petrol Trophy  has (started after 1500 k service) that is very common, (having mine hopefully fixed this Friday)...It seems that the dealers now have a fix for this software glitch for the i30 but my dealer tells me that the problem is not yet solved on the Elantra....have not seen this issue mentioned in the auto press ar all ??
hope they are not attempting to keep this wide spread issue under wraps because it will go viral at some stage and not contacting owners in the first instance will negate the positive work they are doing in regard to customer support  :head_butt:
  • 2013 GD Trophy 6 speed auto

Offline TimH

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      The Ponds, Sydney
Just checked he Hyundai website for my 6monh old CRDi tourer and it quotes $295/$350/$355 for the 15k/30k/45k services. When I bought it these three fixed price services were to cost $289. Am I missing something here? 
  • I30 crdi tourer

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just checked he Hyundai website for my 6monh old CRDi tourer and it quotes $295/$350/$355 for the 15k/30k/45k services. When I bought it these three fixed price services were to cost $289. Am I missing something here?

That is a bit sneaky!  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Pretty sure they said all existing arrangements stand.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
There a bit lax in their explanations....

For example the 105,000k minor service on the FD Crdi auto is $280 the 120k is $570 yet the only difference appears to be replacing the diesel and air filter, both take seconds to replace.

Same schedule on the GD crdi auto is $260 / $485 same engine...work that out.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like this new lifetime capped price implementation has also raised the capped prices, my last 15,000 service was $212 - now is $260 :disapp:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Looks like this new lifetime capped price implementation has also raised the capped prices, my last 15,000 service was $212 - now is $260 :disapp:
Craig refer my reply above.
The original article says this....
    Vehicles that are currently part of Hyundai’s three-year capped-price service program will remain within that program until the end of that period before switching to the lifetime program.   

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
C'mon you guys be reasonable. These dealerships need to finance their fantastic overheads somehow.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
C'mon you guys be reasonable. These dealerships need to finance their fantastic overheads somehow.

Yeah those "free" Coffees, Cokes and WIFI in the waiting lounge have to be paid for somehow.....As does the second year apprentice who is actually doing your service....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal