i30 Owners Club

First service at 12 months

Sean · 13 · 3530

Offline Sean

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
When I brought my new i-30 12 months ago, I also paid £299 for the Hyundai service plan. I expected some documentation to arrive but nothing ever did. After numerous phone calls to the dealer they said it is on the computer and I would have no trouble when it came to service time. So on friday the day I booked the car in, the only day they could supply a auto courtesy car I arrive at the garage and am asked how am I going to pay, so I whip out my receipt proving I had paid the service plan, and after half an hour of them knobbing about checking computers calling over people to look on the computer etc they agree to do the service.

I'm then lead out to the courtesy car which is a manual renault clio which I can't drive due to a left leg that was buggered in a motorbike accident, the reason I had waited to Friday being I was assured a auto car that day. So they give me a return ticket to town.

When I pick up the car I stop a mile down the road and check the oil, it looks as black as when I took it in. So I thought I would get on to Hyundai uk and a girl there is trying to sort it out with them and to sort out my service plan so I can go else where for a service.

Still waiting to be called back that's why I'm boring you with all this.

Does any one think this is new oil in the attached photo?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Errmm.. that looks like the colour of mine, immediately after a service (I always check my dipstick 3 miles after I pick my i30 up, when I get back to work).
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Sean

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
Thanks for replying, so it is possible that they did do it

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I think it's highly certain that they changed it.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I got loads of documentation with my pre paid service deal all in a fancy folder and rip off proofs of use.   My nearest dealership is north manci Broughton ifen ya know Manci.   No probs thus far, except no courtesy car last year, which as you know is part of the deal ergo has been costed in <sigh>

Good luck, can't comment on the dirty oil I drive ze nice clean petrol car  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I paid for the first 3 service's but didn't get any additional paperwork other than it being detailed on my bill of sale.

Took mine in last month for first service, told them I'd paid,  courtesy car provided (foc only replace petrol) and when i picked up no "cost is £££ cash/cheque/card" hassle, no bill just a wallet with details of the service checklist and health checklist.

Re oil colour..  i would expect a lighter colour but if any oil left in the engine area then the mix could be it.

Did you get service checklist and if so has filter and oil change been ticked?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
addendum

Mine was 2010 so things may have changed, they are saving on a thimble full of ink and a bit of paper <sigh>  bloody wonderful  :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

This is what I got https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8dn1nlts0juq1p/i30%20service_0003.jpg

Same checklist as mine.

They have ticked oil and filter replaced so assume it has been done.

But, check the oil filter and see if that is a new one, plus when they do an oil change they replace the sump plug with a new one so check to see if that has been replaced.  If it hadn't been removed I would expect it to be dirty/covered in road film.

However, if not satisfied - complain - which you have already done.

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Ps

I was told i could use any hy dealer as the plan isn't linked to the selling dealer but a hy uk plan.

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Pss
See the service sheet is for vehicles registered after on or after 1 March 2013.

Offline Sean

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
Yeah I noticed that 1 March 2013, will be checking drain plug tomorrow, don't know why I didn't think of that, thanks m8  :goodjob2:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Your oil will always look like that even after an oil change. Diesel engines swallow their own soot, by design, so the oil won't stay clean, also there are always remnants of old oil in engine galleries that can't be drained, this mixes with the new oil on startup. Don't worry, these Diesel engines have excellent longevity records.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal