i30 Owners Club

Factory cruise control question

Hati · 10 · 4929

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
According to the information posted in this thread, replacement parts for factory cruise control (button set on steering wheel, wiring harness etc) can be purchased for well under a $100.

As the cruise control offered locally by the Hyundai dealers is a $700 hole in the pocket, it would make sense to buy and fit these parts, than head to the dealer for a ECU fiddle.

Does anyone know if this is the case or is there more to it? I know a clutch switch is already fitted somewhere as the motor won't start without depressing the clutch even when the transmission is in neutral.

• 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Trust

• 1st Gear
Hello , I also thought that it could be so easy but since the throttle valve is moving by the pedal via a bowden cable , the ECU can't handle it .
The local dealer here said they ordered the CC kit by Conrad (Dutch and German webshop)
Here you can read the manual   http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/850000-874999/851329-an-01-ml-MS_50.pdf
I ordered one and am trying to get some information about the original buttons on the steeringweel , to use them instead of the separate three-button box .

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Let us know how you get on with it.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline SteenP

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark
As I live in Denmark, the Country that is, I've ordered this one: http://www.in-car.dk/shop/fartpilot-hyundai-i30-323p.html

It's only for the diesel model, it's OBD connected which means no cutting in wires, everything is with connecters.
Took me about an hour to fit and works right away(no ECU fiddling) with OE steering controls.

The page is in Danish but maybe Google translate might help  :whistler:

Oh, by the way; everything is expensive in Denmark  :Shocked:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I've ordered this one: http://www.in-car.dk/shop/fartpilot-hyundai-i30-323p.html

That's quite some bit of kit :eek:

Plug'n'play fartpilot
I'm guessing fartpilot is what it is (in Danish) rather than what it makes you do :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline SteenP

• 2nd Gear

• dk Denmark

Plug'n'play fartpilot
I'm guessing fartpilot is what it is (in Danish) rather than what it makes you do :P

That could explain some kind of a funny smell  :whistler:

Otherwise your right, it's the danish word for Cruise Control.

Offline Trust

• 1st Gear
As I live in Denmark, the Country that is, I've ordered this one: http://www.in-car.dk/shop/fartpilot-hyundai-i30-323p.html

It's only for the diesel model, it's OBD connected which means no cutting in wires, everything is with connecters.
Took me about an hour to fit and works right away(no ECU fiddling) with OE steering controls.

Oh, by the way; everything is expensive in Denmark  :Shocked:

There is also one for a gasolin motor , but only for models with ESP and build later than 2011 price about € 500.-

Yesterday I've fitted the throttle servo at the motor compartment , vacuum tube to the brake servo and the cable to the throttle valve .
Also drilled a hole just near the accelarator pedal for the leads to the throttle servo , just there because there was enough space for the drill machine .
Dismanteled the steeringweel and the covers under it to find out if the clock-spring is fully wired (I do have radio controls on the steeringweel)
That was alright , there were 2 rows of pins in the connector . Searching for the speed signal I dismanteled the radio .
Pin 9 on the radio connector should be that one , unfortunality the was no wire connected to that point .
Replaced the radio and the covers and decided to stop and do more research to get the speedsignal from the cockpit .

Offline alc2

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
@SteenP ,  after  connecting  the  danish  CC ,  you  don't need to activate  this  function  in ECU , or is  just  plug'n play ?

Offline batteoui

• 2nd Gear

• ma Morocco
      Casablanca, Morocco
According to the information posted in this thread, replacement parts for factory cruise control (button set on steering wheel, wiring harness etc) can be purchased for well under a $100.

As the cruise control offered locally by the Hyundai dealers is a $700 hole in the pocket, it would make sense to buy and fit these parts, than head to the dealer for a ECU fiddle.

Does anyone know if this is the case or is there more to it? I know a clutch switch is already fitted somewhere as the motor won't start without depressing the clutch even when the transmission is in neutral.

Hey Hati, Have a look at the electric/electronic section. You'll have a lot of fun !

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I am paying attention to your little venture, don't worry :)
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal