i30 Owners Club

Phone Kit Install

Offline Heavy Rescue 1

• 1st Gear
Has any body installed a PROPER phone Kit  into a current spec I30 (I have an 11 plate I30 Diesel SLX) I need to find out the following
1. Is there a way to run Mic cable and Ant Co-ax up the A pillars without setting of the Air Bags?
2. Is there a radio.CD. Media player Mute on back of radio?
Please dont start the you have bluetooth debate like the dealer did.... I dont want the phone to connect to radio I use 2 phones so use 1 on earpiece and the Main Phone via car kit
Thanks
Rhette
I30 Turbo Diesel
Syd AUS

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Heavy Rescue 1
Have you talked to the dealer only?
Is there any other garages, that may install this kit professionally with warranty?

Off: Samsung has some excellent DUOS phones among its models, there are also some Chinese phones, that are designed for 4 sim cards

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Rhette  :goodjob: Hope someone can answer your question.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline stochastic

• 3rd Gear

• ca Canada
      Vancouver

• talks out loud sometimes
    • My Personal Website
Hey, I'm ripping apart my roof right now and part of that involved taking apart the A pillar as that is where the roof lighting & bluetooth wires connect to the in-dash wiring (at the base of the A pillar there's a connector.  I'd recommend taking your A pillar apart to run the wires as there are some airbag items inside there.  Just pull the pillar away from the frame at the top - it will pop out of the clips - then upward from the dash in the base.
  • Elantra Touring GL

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal