• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hmm. A big screen for tv, DVD, sat-nav...  :question:

Or am I totally of track.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Its the brand new asus transformer prime tablet  :-D so its a sat nav and much more :-)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
You can have all of Denmark on that screen at the same time..  :rofl:

Beats my 5" Garmin.  :disapp:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Almost :-) ill take more pics tomorrow with better light, i have more to show u guys :-) and no its not something perverted lol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice to see you're back Zhangster (I hear it is better than your front) :winker:

Try and make the next pix bigger and from further away please (and "Hosted" ...)  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Nice to see you're back Zhangster (I hear it is better than your front) :winker:

Try and make the next pix bigger and from further away please (and "Hosted" ...)  :goodjob:

very funny mate  :D

as requested....

live data from obd :)

its a cool toy.. :) 

what to u guys recon?    best part is that i can remove it all and no1 can see it have ever been there :) now screws in the dash :) 

the plate which the table is resting in is removelable in less that 5 secs if u have park in a very public place and u dont want to much attention :)  only the holder next to the windscreen is visible.. :P

cheers

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:15:41 by Zhangster »

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
That's brilliant Daniel - thanks for sharing :D

PS, since it's such a clever mod I moved it into the "tips" section for electronics and amended your title slightly :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
That's brilliant Daniel - thanks for sharing :D

PS, since it's such a clever mod I moved it into the "tips" section for electronics and amended your title slightly :goodjob:

thanks :)  so many tread rooms now... cant find my way around hehe :)

considering getting a bluetooth music receiver so i can rid of the jack cable and only the power cable for the table is left...  but im concerned about the lost of sound quality. luckly they aint so expensive so if it blows ill just go back to the cable solution :)

ill let u guys know if i get one...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Very ingenious & well thought out. Perhaps a repaint of the brackets near the windscreen to keep it looking as good as the rest of the car.

What OBD software are you using  :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Very ingenious & well thought out. Perhaps a repaint of the brackets near the windscreen to keep it looking as good as the rest of the car.

What OBD software are you using  :question:

yeah the paint is letting it down... been using some really bad spray paint..  been a complete nightmare to get get it to look as it does now... the problem is that its plastic brackets... and the paint does stick to it.. but after u mucle around when u fit it u can see ur own fingerprints in the paint... its so fraguile... even with gloves it make dents and marks in the paint...  so i can been considering talking to a pro auto painter hear and hear what price area we are in....  but its probaly expensive....   if he is to expensive i migth have a go with my own air spray painter and get som of the really good stuff (auto paint) ..... i have some experiance in painting.. been painting my wife horse transport trailer...when i gave it a complete makeover....

and thanks for the comment :) 

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Sorry, I have a bad memory sometimes but a fair time ago, someone used some special textured transfer material, not unlike the background of your OBD software and applied it the their dash around their sound system. I'll see if I can find it but anyone else who knows, please post where it is.  This may work better than paint. :neutral:

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
Sorry, I have a bad memory sometimes but a fair time ago, someone used some special textured transfer material, not unlike the background of your OBD software and applied it the their dash around their sound system. I'll see if I can find it but anyone else who knows, please post where it is.  This may work better than paint. :neutral:

hah :) so do i... i forgot to write what software i use...  this is what im using : http://www.appbrain.com/app/torque-pro-(obd2-car)/org.prowl.torque?review=Jamison1978

i guess u r talking about some sort of carbon lookin film u can put on top of the brackets?   like they do on cars they dont wanna repaint cuz its to expensive? 

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Yes, that's right  :goodjob2:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
its a good idea really.... maybe i could get them make a big fat logo on there with hyundai I30 i chrome style :P would look  cool i think..

do u know any other good obd software for android?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
No, that's why I was asking you, I got an ELM327 last week but the software is rubbish. The device works well though.  :neutral:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks Great Daniel.. Thanks for the excellent photos.. Over here you can get plastic primer spray paint off the shelf (which might help the paint stick - if you still go with paint) :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
okay.... i like the torgue cuz u can add all the gauge u want (size color ect) ... u can even see which sensors availible when choosing... ex. if u have a diesel enging all the petrol function is black in the selection and all the sensors u can chose is green and showing live data while u going though the list :P  damn smart :)

it can also show enging faults codes and have a web side (direct link)  where u can go a see what they means... :P

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
do u know any other good obd software for android?

I use Torque (free) because I'm a tight arse who doesn't like paying for anything :P

However, that Torque Pro looks really smart on your tablet; if it looked similar on the Droid I might be tempted to shell out a few pence and buy it.

On second thoughts, maybe not
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal