i30 Owners Club

NAV module on Kenwood 2DIN

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Hey guys,

I have put a Kenwood DDX5015BT headunit on layby for the missus car for christmas.

The Unit is Nav ready, although the guy that sold it to me told me it would work automatically once plugged in i was very doubtful. So with some research i found that you need to add the navigation module at an extremely large cost of around $700, thats a bit more than the cost of the headunit.

It is in no way a deal breaker as i didn't buy the unit for the nav i bought it because it was the unit i liked the most and it has Android air screen mirroring so i should be fine using Google maps through that function (once i figure out what the heck it is and how it works)

The question i have is to all the 2Din guru's out there who might have already read up or gone through similar investigation.
Is there a way to use a non Kenwood nav module?
Is there a place online that can supply a compatible module to suit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Keep in mind i really have absolutely no idea when i comes to audio of any kind, definatly dumb it down for me lol.
Cheers, Tim.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:38:55 by cruiserfied »
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Bit more research and i have found that the unit is a Garmin built module. I have sent an enquiry to Garmin about programming and what not because it seems to be very hard to find the Australian version KNA-G630. Plenty of the USA versions KNA-G610. Maybe i can get a USA one and have it reprogrammed to suit Australia. Prices are must more realistic, although still a bit crazy for what is basically a Sat-Nav with no screen.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Is this what you need Tim :link: Kenwood KNA G630 KNA G610 KNA G520 GPS Navigation System Antenna | eBay

I just realised it's not what you're after :head_knock:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:38:31 by CraigB »

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Lol, i found that one earlier and got excited cause it was heaps cheap. But yeah that's just the antenna as you have already figured out.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal