i30 Owners Club

15000k service cost (Aus)

i30CRDI · 15 · 7238

Offline i30CRDI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hornsby
Got a price on the 15000k service from the dealer where I bought the car, $370. Seems a bit steep & a quick search on this forum revealed $240 is the norm, I mentioned this to the service guy & he said no way for the diesel model as the oil is $130 alone. I took the 1 year extended 'loyalty' warranty if you get the car serviced by the dealer, they failed to mention i'd be paying 30% more for the servicing so it looks like its going to cost me $$ over the 5 year term. Considering taking it elsewhere & forgoing the extended warranty, anyone know any good service places in on the Sydney North shore, Hornsby area?
Car has only done 9000k but 12 months has passed so need the 15000k service.
Cheers

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
I had my SR's 15,000 done recently and that was $290.

StuartB
In NZ you can go to the Hyundai NZ website and type in your model, transmission type, engine size, fuel and be advised of the service cost online, so no surprises.

Offline murrayhewitt

• 2nd Gear
I had my 15K service done at McCarroll's Hyundai at Artarmon for $228 (I supplied oil) and that included a demo i30 to use for the day. They seem pretty good there.

edit: I have an SLX CRDI

Pip
Got a price on the 15000k service from the dealer where I bought the car, $370. Seems a bit steep & a quick search on this forum revealed $240 is the norm, I mentioned this to the service guy & he said no way for the diesel model as the oil is $130 alone.
I was quoted $245 including oil or $178 plus oil for my CRDI. The oil they would use (for $67) was identified only as Castrol 10w40.  This was a while ago so may not still stand but sure sounds a lot different from your quote.

I do believe good oil could cost $130, however the price quoted for the rest seems a bit rich.  My dealer showed me an Hyundai chart of suggested charges.  My quote was directly from that.

Offline tk421

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• i30 SR Petrol Manual - Melbourne Australia
The 'SR had its 15,000k service in April. Cost $190.

Tim.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
Got a price on the 15000k service from the dealer where I bought the car, $370.   

my local dealer has quoted me $370 for the 30000 service, and $200 for the 15000. that was for the petrol and they mentioned the diesel would be a bit more.
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
In UK 1st service cost Circa £150.00

£150.00 British pounds sterling = $290.49 Australian dollars
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, South Australia
& he said no way for the diesel model as the oil is $130 alone.

Sounds steep to me, considering that a really decent oil (such as castrol edge sport) costs about $60 retail. I'm sure whatever oil they are using costs them much less.

lindlake
just had my 15000 km done for $240 diesel SLX auto they used castrol magnatec and did a oil flush and injector clean

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I just had my 15,000 km service done (Crdi man) with the Hyundai dealer mobile service and it was $159 (I supply my own oil).
  • Tertius the i30

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen

Petrol first service is £115 in the UK. (approx AU$230)
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Petrol first service is £115 in the UK. (approx AU$230)

Difference - £35 - must be due to grade of oil required for the diesel.  I know my oil was £££££££££££ compared to "normal" £££
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline i30CRDI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hornsby
Thanks for all the replys Guys. I ended up negotiating a better price ($260) which is more in line with what most of you paid for the 15000k service. Interesting that the oil (Magnatex) was listed as $52 on the invoice & not the $130 that I was originally quoted. Now i'm looking forward (not) to doing battle at the 30,000k service....
Cheers

Offline surprise

• 1st Gear
This site might help re service prices, it give average prices for your vehicle (not just Hyundai) and lists repairers in your area. http://www.carservice.com.au/car-service-booking-enquiry-2.aspx

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal