i30 Owners Club

2011 i30 2 litre auto

Offline bweetman

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bondi, NSW
I have read postings on fuel consumption. I am only getting 360 ks to the tank instead of 510. All City driving. Something isn't right. The cars done 8000 ks. The exhaust isn't black so I don't think it's running rich. Hyundai do not do software updates on the computer. I will find the answer but so far no joy.
  • 2011 i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Why don't you try going on a long country drive and see how much difference to consumption that makes. It could simply be the city driving.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I have read postings on fuel consumption. I am only getting 360 ks to the tank instead of 510. All City driving. Something isn't right. The cars done 8000 ks. The exhaust isn't black so I don't think it's running rich. Hyundai do not do software updates on the computer. I will find the answer but so far no joy.

:wttc:

Being a 4 speed Auto they are not very efficient, but shouldn't be that bad. Have you done some brim to brim tests (as most pumps click off when still 10 litres of room left)

Fill to brim, reset trip meter, when light comes on refill to brim and calculate litres per hundred kilometres based on distance travelled versus fuel used.

City only driving, 2.0 petrol auto = around 10 L/100kms would be my guess.

If you are doing lots of short trips (say for example 7kms at a time) with cold starts each trip, it would be even worse than that. But on the positive side most other four year old petrol autos would be similar!

Very low K's for 4 Y/O car!  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
:wttc:

Being a 4 speed Auto they are not very efficient, but shouldn't be that bad. Have you done some brim to brim tests (as most pumps click off when still 10 litres of room left)

Fill to brim, reset trip meter, when light comes on refill to brim and calculate litres per hundred kilometres based on distance travelled versus fuel used.

City only driving, 2.0 petrol auto = around 10 L/100kms would be my guess.

If you are doing lots of short trips (say for example 7kms at a time) with cold starts each trip, it would be even worse than that. But on the positive side most other four year old petrol autos would be similar!

Very low K's for 4 Y/O car!  :eek:

:welcum:

I can give some some info - I get about 9.4 to 10L/100kms in mine, with the A/C on. This is 20+ km trips to/from work on a motorway, some congestion in morning near end of motorway, with occasional longer trips for gatherings in the evening ~50+ kms.  Otherwise a few local trips per week.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline nikkon22

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
I just recently got the exact model and am getting about 500k per tank in city driving. (resetting the trip counter when ive been filling up)
  • i30 2011 SX 2.0 MY11

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
With A/C on or off?  Just curious.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal